1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a hitachi drive...

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by XFX2140, Feb 26, 2012.

1. XFX2140

XFX2140 Member

Ok apparently my 79 hitachi skips ap checks . I had IX 1.1 for my hitachi and i havent played my xbox in 6 months or something like that. I made backup of my halo reach dics and patched the ap 2.5 sectors 6 months ago . I switch on my xbox and there is a new update so i flashed to ix 2.0b for hitachi but i ran my backup through abgx and it said first 12 layers of topology data were blank. I ignored it and put it in my xbox and it booted fine. Does that mean my drive skips the checks ?

2. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

yes as the topology data defeats dae.bin and provides a permanent AP2.5 solution for XGD3/AP2.5 capable games which means that people with XGD3/AP2.5 games dont need to repatch everytime the dashboard is updated.

I would suggest that you reburn the disc if you want to play the game on an AP2.5 capable drive as if you put the use the backup of Halo Reach in AP2.5 capable console it will fail the checks and will result in your console being flagged and possibly banned.