1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Have A Lite-On LT+1.1 Do I Need To Update My Xbox Before I Flash Lt+ 1.9?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by noobie206, Jun 16, 2011.

1. noobie206

noobie206 Guest

I am new to the flashing scene and I have a few questions.

1. How do I retain the dvd drive key? I already have my xbox 360 flashed (Phat version) with LT+1.1 and never updated my dashboard because I didnt want to risk getting banned and I also wanted to continue playing my burned games without going back to stock. If I update my dashboard will I still be able to retain my 360 dvd drive key?

2. Since my system is already flashed with LT+1.1 but never downloaded the latest xbox 360 update should I download the latest update which will make my system a stock firmware again then flash?

3. When I'm flashing my 360 will I need something else to power up my system other than the console's power brick plugs? I read somewhere I might get banned if I use that? Is this true if so what will I need?

2. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

download the program jungleflasher (google for its homepage) and also download the manual that explains how the program works. via that manual you will find all the information how to get your drive key and what hardware you need (it all depends on the dvd drive you have), if you have a liteon than you are f*ck*d (unless you have a your drive key stored somewhere, or a dummy.bin or alike. then it it easy). liteon and lt1.1 needs the mra hack, nothing for a newbie to do yourself. or buy some expensive piece of hardware that is able to read out your drive key. there is something out there called a lizard(?), that will do the job for almost all drives out there. nothing difficult, only expensive to buy. if you have benq, hitachi or samsung you can do it yourself.
    if you update to the new dashboard, your lt1.1 will be overwritten with the new ofw, so backups won't work anymore. your drive key still remains in your drive off course, it only resides at another place which the new jungleflasher now can look for.

the general consensus is to first flash back to stock, then update. and then flash lt1.9

i have also read about that, seems like nonsens to me. i flashed so many drives via xbox powering. but who knows, it seems unlikely to me.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  3. noobie206

noobie206 Guest

Thanks for some info dennisv9

I had my xbox 360 flashed at a shop a long time ago and that shop is now closed down. TYhey are the only ones who know my dvd keys. So am I officially screwed or will the mra hack save me? Sorry if I am asking the same question and forgive me for my ignorance.

4. snickle

snickle Regular member

Yes, with the MRA hack you can recover your lost key

5. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

it all depends on the drive you have, if you have a lite-on drive. the diy option is the mra hack, or buy some expensive hardware to read out your drive key. liteon = scr*w*d.

BUT

if you have any of the other drives, all you need is a sata cable and a computer with a compatible sata chipset. with the jungleflasher program and manual you can get the key and reflash it by yourself

6. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

The hardware is cheap since this will be a on going thing, you should invest the whole $50 in parts. Flashing 2-3 time a year is common now. Used to be once LOL.

7. noobie206

noobie206 Guest

What are the hardwares called?

8. noobie206

noobie206 Guest

What will I need? Also is soldering the only way to go for me because I want to avoid that at all cost.

Btw I have a 2008 liteon drive that has been flashed to LT+ 1.1 at a shop that has been shut down. I dont know what my dvd keys are and the last thing I want to do is some soldering that dennisv9 mentioned.

9. noobie206

noobie206 Guest

What will I need? Also is soldering the only way to go for me because I want to avoid that at all cost.

Btw I have a 2008 liteon drive that has been flashed to LT+ 1.1 at a shop that has been shut down. I dont know what my dvd keys are and the last thing I want to do is some soldering that dennisv9 mentioned.

10. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

naah, forget about doing it yourself. it needs some major slicing and soldering on your drives pcb, don't even try to do it yourself. you might end up killing the drive without getting the key, and making your xbox useless. for all liteons with lt+, only mra hack remains as diy the cheap way. so you are past that point of doing it yourself.

go to any shop, and let them do it. it might be pricy, but make sure you ask that you get a copy of the dvd key and firmware dump. all future updates can then be done by yourself with a sata cable and sata chipset.

good luck

11. noobie206

noobie206 Guest

How about this. No soldering required will it work for my drive?
    http://www.xconsoles.com/xecuter-ck3-probe-3.html

12. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

first off, mra hack work for all liteon drives. no matter which one you have, 74xxx, or83xxxv1/v2, 9xxxx etc.

besides that, there are alternative methods for different drives.

74xxx has the probe method (probing r707), but only works on non lt+ fw. as soon as lt+fw is on it, the probing method (r707) doesn't work any more. no need to buy a probe or make it yourself, doesn't work anymore. hence leaving the mra hack.

for 83xxxv1, the probe method doesn't work. but there is a software solution with jungleflasher, but not sure if it still works after lt+ fw is flashed on it. if not, the mra hack works

for 873xxxv2, no probe and no software method. only mra hack.

for 9xxxxx drives, no probe and no software method. only mra hack.

where there is the mra hack, the lizard of course works without soldering and cutting.
    relating to the link you posted
    that is only the probe, you need the remainder to which the probe is connected. besides that, the probe doesn't work for drives with already lt+ firmwares on it since the r707 probing is disabled as soon as a lt+ fw is on it. so buying the probe is throwing money away (you already have lt+ on your drive!!)

for your drive there isn't a cheap way to read the drive without cutting traces and soldering (=mra hack). you could opt for the expensive lizard. i would suggest you pay someone to do it for you, but to demand to get a dump of your drive firmware and key. all further update you can then do yourself. this is cheaper then buying some expensive piece of hardware that you will never have to use again probably. unless you want to start a 360 flashing service, if so... go for the lizard. it will pay for itself rather quick. but if you only want to flash your own drive, pay someone and get the dump files.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  13. noobie206

noobie206 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2011
  14. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

Then get the lizard or usbpro. NO soldering needed to flash any drive.

15. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

well; all is said i believe. i second modking; usbpro or lizard (or any other hardware tool that does the same as the mra hack). both are expensive, and a total waste of money if you only need to get your key dumped once. pay someone to do it, and be done. but the choice is yours (i'd go for the lizard, seems the easiest all-in-one solution for all drives out there).

good luck with your choice to get it reflashed.

16. uhf2

uhf2 Member

Does anybody know how m$ managed to flash millions of drives of all different brands & types of firmware with no dvd key, all over the world via the internet.

It would be great if we could flash our drives without pulling them apart just plug in the enet cable & flash.
    I,m not a fan of m$ but you haft to admit it was well done.

Why ban anybody from live & lose revenue when all they have to do is re-flash your box from a compulsory update from live, take the update or don,t play live.

If they do this, unless you can flash your own box a lot of people will just give up & go legit because the cost of flashing will outway the benefit.
    just my opinion

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011