1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a MAC. Can I still back up games?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by nofriendo, Jul 16, 2007.

1. nofriendo

nofriendo Member

Do theses LG Biege DVD drives work on MACs? Ive looked at the spec's and so far i dont see one that is compatible.

Does anyone else there Backup there games on a MAC?

2. afrobo

afrobo Member

I download my games and burn it with my powerbook using disc utilities

it works wonders

but if you want to back up a game disc that you have, you gatta use rawdump.. which doens't work on macs

3. nofriendo

nofriendo Member

whats disc utilities? is it like MacPar?

4. nofriendo

nofriendo Member

actually afrobro, i can really use your help with that.

My problem: I have "Transformers the game" on file on my desktop. The file is called "Transformers the game.iso" and under "kind" its says "ISO Disk image". Its file size is 4.38 GB. I cant tell you how many times i've tried burning this game on a disc, my wii JUST WONT READ IT!

"Ok, what did you use to burn it," you ask.

At first i used DISCO and ive tried burning it at 2x, at 1x, using 3 different kinds of discs and it just wouldnt work. I know my wii plays backups because i checked using one of my friends backups ( i have cyclo wiz installed)

"ok, you must have a corrupt file. download it again," you say.

I did, and the file is the same size and look. same result.

anyways, being very uneducated over computer stuff, i just find out about "disk utility" and i try that. my wii still cant read the disc.
    What am i doing wrong? I make sure that im burning it as a disk image, and not a file. I guess i just dont know how the wii reads games.

oh yeah and when i double click the file, it says it cant mount. does that mean anything?

well if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

5. afrobo

afrobo Member

First of all: What does your wii say? Error reading disc? Let me know the description from the wii.

Also you might wanna check the the exact size of the file down to the bit-size. (Ya i notice you mentioned it.. just wanna make sure again)

Nintendo Wii ISO size: 4.37 GB (4,699,979,776 bytes).

The file size has to be the EXACT same size for the game to work, if it's not, then it's just a bad download, either find another link or download it again.. (or dump it again)

Another problem I ran into myself was the DVD-R i was using. First I was using a cheap brand (Ritek) and 1/2 of the games would not work on my wii. So I went out and bought Verbatim DVD-R's and it works great!

I burn at 4x using Disc Utilities.

Another thing is, what is the region of your wii? It is NTSC-U right? and make sure the game you download is compatible to your wii. To check compatibility, you can go to:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=psE82DSxBfuUNDy6C_AwyBA

its got chinese in it but i found it is updated the fastest.

When i double click on the .iso, it says i cannot mount it too. it's something with the wii games i think...