1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a old modchip. Would copied DVD-R's work with it

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mpunn, Aug 16, 2004.

1. mpunn

mpunn Guest

I have an old mod-chip in my Ps2. It requires an Action replay to boot the copied game (the bit where it asks start game withot codes). Can I use the same method to play copied DVD-R's?

Can anyone help

2. KainX2

KainX2 Guest

3. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

I beg to differ. It depends on what chip and version. I had a Neo 2.0 that wouldn't, then I upgraded the software to Neo 2.2b on a new chip I soldered in and with a few tests I got it to boot DVD-R's. It was a bit of a process but it did work.

Check my tutorial there are a few tips there, just remember that the steps might be different with your PS2. Just write down which method DOESN'T work and keep tabs of what might work and try different ways.

Also you could try Swap Magic as I remember a member here using that with his Neo 2.2 and he didn't have to even buy a flip top! Hu just used the eject button as the Neo disable that reset feature when you press eject. Now this might OR might not work for you but it doesn't hurt to try at least the booting methods in my tutorial. Good Luck.

4. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

get a hold of swap magic. they are much better and easier way of loading backedup ps2 games. I have a neo2.2 and the swap magic disk and they work very well. (except for some never games that have that annyoing double protection nonsence on em)