1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a PSP v 2.71 and can switch to v1.50 by using Devhook

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by MFTA, Jun 8, 2007.

1. MFTA

MFTA Member

I have a PSP v 2.71 and can switch to v1.50.But i want to khow how to play ps1 or Psx games or ISO/CSO on my psp?

what my i do Please. I dont want to brick my psp.

Please let me have a step by step guide to be able to play Ps1 or Psx games or ISO/CSO on my psp.

I can play homebrew and snes on my psp but want more.

Please need ur help

2. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

downgrade to 1.5. then upgrade to custom firmware. i use 3.30oe-a but its up to you which one you choose, 3.40oe been the latest.
    then iso;s/cso's and ps1 games will load.
    use the link in my sig for the files you need and how togo about it.

3. MFTA

MFTA Member

Thanks for replying me.
    do u think it will work on my PSP firmware 2.71 with TA-82.I dont want bricking my psp. I will never be able to buy another one.
    Please if its going to work without any problem, please explain me step by step how must i do to downgrade, then upgrade and which folder must i put those file.

Im quite new to use a psp.

will i still be able to play snes or homebrew games?

does it going to affect my umd?
    Please help me.

4. MFTA

MFTA Member

By the way, is the program going to work for downgrade my PSP 2.71 ta-82?

if yes, how?

What to do
    Please help.

5. Blahs

Blahs Member

if your shaky about "fixing" your psp like i was, just do a bit of research on the site. everything you need to know and do is on here. its up to you to find it and follow the instructions (and please, follow the instructions exactly!)

if you do, everything will be fine. The only way you brick your psp is if you don't follow the intructs.

just research!

6. MFTA

MFTA Member

Thanks.But would u please qive me a link where to find the right instruction or guide to do it.
    Please

7. Blahs

Blahs Member

try this link or
    Dark Alex

just be sure to read carefully

this page seems to be very explanatory as well.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  8. MFTA

MFTA Member

Thanx for the Giude. You send a darkalex downgrader and a guide where the are several file to download. i must take both or only from one site.

I will try it at home. Do u think it will brick my psp if i chose to follow the guide u send me.

i would like to know if after upgrading to 3.03 OE-C , i would be be able to play homebrew games, snes,ps1,psx,etc.and also if i buy UMD games,is it going to work well?

Thanx

9. Blahs

Blahs Member

I just gave you several sites to choose from. If you choose the one with the explanations and the stuff to download, it should be fine.

Yeah, 3.03 oe-c would be fine. It does all that stuff and still does whatever a normal firmware would do. You can also choose a newer firmware version if you want. I myself have 3.03 and just waiting for a reason to upgrade to custom 3.40.

good luck with the upgrade!

ps-it will not brick your psp if you found it on this site and you follow the instructions exactly...remember to have your psp fully charged and plugged in at all times during the procedure!

10. MFTA

MFTA Member

hello, im having problem downloading the file "3.03 Update Eboot" found in the guide u gave to me "http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/491019".

The first three i downloaded already but the last one, im having problem.
    Do u have another link for the file "3.03 Update Eboot"

thanks

11. Blahs

Blahs Member

sorry, don't know of another place to download that exact file. I dont seem to have a problem downloading it.

I did however find another guide that doesn't seem to need that file...or its just called something different. try this site if you don't get right with the file.

though, you'll have to download a lot of stuff again. Its a legit site, so don't worry. Follow the guide that fits your situation exactly...i think it's the one for 2.71 in blue. just scroll down till you find it.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  12. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  13. Blahs

Blahs Member

thanx

14. MFTA

MFTA Member

is it the same file as the one in the guide that is "3.03 Update Eboot"

Thanx

15. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

its the 3.03 update. as in THE 3.03 update.

16. MFTA

MFTA Member

Hi, Thanx a lot, my psp has been downgraded then upgraded to 3.03 OE-C.This has been successfull by following the guide.
    But my problem now is that i cant play snes anymore or Homebrew games.
    Please tell me
    1.how can i play snes on my psp.
    2.How to install and play iso/cso/psx/ps1 games on my PSP now 3.03 OE-C

Thanx

17. MFTA

MFTA Member

My psp before was 2.71 ta-82. After downgrading and upgrading, is it like any other motherboard?
    Do u think i can upgrade to any other firmware or new firmware without any problem?

Thanx

18. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

put the cso/iso file in the ISO folder, which is situated in the main menu of ur mem stick.. if u format ur mem stick u'll get every folder needed including the IS0 folder.

19. MFTA

MFTA Member

hi,

1. I just upgraded my PSP v 2.71 ta-82 to 3.03 oe-c.its was sucessfull. waht if i format my memory stick now?is it going to be a problem? is it still going to be 3.03 oe-c.

2. where do u get the iso games.is it in the PS1 cds? if not, then where?

3. I have files found in my game folder like 3.03 oec firmware install, 1.5 enabler and psp udater ver xyz and in photos folder there is hend.
    can i delete those files, and if i do it, does it going to cause problems to my psp.
    Thanx

20. Blahs

Blahs Member

1-good emulators come with instructions of how to install, so if it doesn't have instructions, DONT use it.download another. Its usually something like installing it in the Game150 folder or something.
    2-you have to format your memstick. This will cause your firmware to create all the necessary that you need to be created auto...no it will not brick your psp, as it formats your memstick, and doesn't bugger around with flash. just back up anything you want to keep thats on the memstick, cause all will be erased.
    3-You have to convert PS1 iso games to eboot files with popstationGUI(i think thats what its called...) or some program like it. Then just copy the files to the game folder on your memstick into a folder that has the name of the ps1 game (you have to create the folder)
    4-in the iso folder on your memcard you put iso or cso of psp games. nothing else. then you play them straight off of your memstick.

any other questions?...did I leave something out?

oh...and the files that that are left after the whole process of down and upgrading...you dont really need them anymore, unless you plan to do it all again. formatting your memcstick will delete them, but you dont need them, so all is fine!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007