1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i have a question about dl dvd images

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tehdeep6, Feb 12, 2005.

1. tehdeep6

tehdeep6 Member

riddle me this-if a single layer sony dvd+rw drive will read a dual layer dvd, such as dodgeball, then why will it not allow me to make an image on my hard drive as a backup for later on? i have AnyDVD, and i have a small amount of experience on the subject, but anydvd won't take off the css/region protection on this disk. plz help

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I'm not sure why AnyDVD wouldnt be taking of the incryption, but why not rip it to your hard drive with Decrypter in ISO read mode... This would probably be the fastest method for creating the ISO image anyway

3. tehdeep6

tehdeep6 Member

dude, one tiny problem-i'm from the U.S. Its a shame really, but whatev. i have no problem with getting the program, but my luck is teh suxX0rs, so i'd get the feds on me most likely. any other suggestions?

4. tehdeep6

tehdeep6 Member

oh nvrmind. got it running. its all good. thx much

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I'm also form the US and I dont really understand what you just said, but if you think something is going to happen to you for using Decrypter then wht do you think they would do if they catch you using AnyDVD they both do the same thing in the long run,,, Remove encryption.. So if you are that worried about it then I wouldn't even bother backing up your DVD's.

6. tehdeep6

tehdeep6 Member

yeah, you're absolutely right, except i got caught once for some 'illegal' things. spent 6 months in juvy. my entire computer's encrypted for security and it is secure, i know cause i used to be a hacker. i'm very careful now. i know what i'm doing. this is gonna be my last post here, i got help, now that my life story is told im gone