1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a Version 7 SCPH 39001 with a magic 3.1 modchip will a backup version of Onimusha Blade Warriors work on my system?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Semitris, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Semitris

Semitris Member

I have a (real/fake not sure) red magic 3.1 modchip with a white V1-7 on it. Will Onimusha Blade Warriors work on it? I heard the system double checks or something so would it still work on my system with the chip?

I am able to get an older version 1 or 2 that I had repaired and traded for this one, I'm sure I could get it back but would I need to do this and mod it?

I asked this somewhere on one topic but I really needed to see if someone can give me a real definent answer.

2. bobbytues

bobbytues Member

I have a magic 3.1 and both the copy AND original come up with the 'Please insert Playstation' screen. We put the modchip to sleep (If you have a magic 3.1, turn the unit off then back on to the standby (redlight) mode. Hold the reset button down for 5-6 seconds. This is essential for online gaming with a magic 3.x as well.)

We were able to play the original, but of course the mod chip needs to be active to play the copy. I believe Capcom has initiated a modchip block on that (and probably other newly released) games. I remember they did that with Dino Crisis on the PS1 too, only that one told you it was blocked due to a modchip. They didn't get your spirits high by taking you thru the intro then cutting you off just when you're ready for action (the dirty rats, probably laughin their asses off right now). Still researching to see if there's a way to get the backup OBW to play with the modchip activated, or if there's a capcom patch somewhere that can be added to the image. If anyone has any further input on that, please share....