1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have access to psp with version 1.50 can i get get games now?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by papawhip, Oct 16, 2007.

1. papawhip

papawhip Member

my friend has a fat running on 1.50. what do i need to do with that psp to my slim to make it so i have a custom firmware??

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You will need to go HERE and use this easy installer to create a Magic memory Stick + Pandora battery with the 1.50 FAT PSP.

I recommend not running the Pandora Creator yet to convert the Battery to a Pandora Battery till after you modify the Magic Memory Stick with the below 3.60 CFW file.

Modify the Magic Memory Stick with the 3.60 M33 custom firmware for the SLIM HERE (Follow the read me file for instillation)

After you have modified the files then run the Pandora Creator to convert the Battery to a Pandora Battery. Go to game menu memory Stick and run Pandora Creator. (Make sure when you run this the first time you press Triangle so it backups the battery EEPROM so you can convert the PSP fat battery back to normal).

After you press triangle it will reboot back to XMB. Now run the Pandora Creator again this time pressing X to convert it to a Pandora Battery.

Now place the Modified magic memory Stick in your PSP Slim. Then place the Pandora battery in your SLIM PSP. The menu will not come up you will need to perform these steps blind.

- Press X to install M33. The process will last just few seconds, since the installer only
    needs to install the M33 custom prx's and IPL. After the process is finished, the installer
    will shutdown the psp automatically.

After you install the CFW on your slim you can then update the Slim to 3.71 M33 then 3.71 m33-2 custom firmware.

Get 3.71 M33 custom firmware HERE (Follow the read me file for install).

Get 3.71 M33-2 HERE (Follow the read me file for install).

You should now be at 3.71 M33-2 custom firmware on your PSP Slim.

Now time to convert the PSP FAT Battery back to normal. Plug the PSP into the AC Adapter and boot it up (Without the battery inside the PSP) Once the XMB comes up place the Magic memory Stick and Pandora battery into the PSP. Now go to game Menu memory Stick and run the Pandora Creator again. After it boots to the application press L + R trigger to restore the EEPROM backup to Battery (You will get write error 0X14 something like which is normal) Now the FAT PSP Battery is back to normal.

Just format the memory Stick via PSP System Settings to change that to a normal PSP Memory Stick.

This would be easier if your friend installed custom firmware on their 1.50 PSP. You then could use this guide HERE to create a Universal Unbricker/Upgrader to use on your SLIM to go straight to 3.71 M33-2. The reason you can't use it on a 1.50 FAT PSP is because the application needs to run in 2.XX or higher kernel mode.

If your friend wants to install 3.52 M33-4 on his 1.50 PSP he can follow this guide HERE.

After you update the FAT PSP go to the link right above this and create the Universal Unbricker for your PSP SLIM.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007