1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i have an idea that i was hoping would work??????

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by joshont, Jan 28, 2007.

1. joshont

joshont Regular member

i noticed that irshell is basically similar to like a little computer with the copy/paste and all the directorys and renaming and sort of stuff like that, i noticed that when you go to the root of all folders theres like usbhost and net host and stuff like that. i was wondering if it would be possible to connect a usb flash drive to the psp with a female to male mini adapter and explorer whts on the usb memory stick through irshell and hopefully load stuff off the usb stick as extra storage space for music and stuff like that. i was wondering if you need a file in the usb stick such as USB.irdx or whatever it is to make it work...........i would try it but my only usb pen broke in half and i am not able to use it, any volunteers would be great and it would be pretty cool to have more space to use up, but without having a big ass mp3 player or something.

2. john-e-i

john-e-i Guest

to do that you would need to install a driver on the psp and there would have to be something in the usb cord to tell the system that its going to use 2 of the same connections, but its being developed as we speak, its still in test mode but they have connected a keyboard to it so who knows all is possible

3. joshont

joshont Regular member

would the driver for the keyboard thing be the same for the usb mass storage?

4. john-e-i

john-e-i Guest

no its just so the psp can read the key board, you would need a drive for a storage device and it would need to be written in psp language

5. joshont

joshont Regular member

man i hope ppl could do that already......i lost my stupid 4 gig stick on the bus but i think it would be cheaper to get a mini 12g mass storage usb thingy kinda like this one

6. john-e-i

john-e-i Guest

shitty man how do u leave it on the bus? shouldnt it be in your psp? i got a psp case that holds 2 mem sticks and i have 3 2 gigs so its perfect i recomend that with 3 4 gigs, thats 12 gigs of data

7. joshont

joshont Regular member

i had a one gig and a 4 gig, the one gig had just music and the 4 gig had iso's so i wanted to listen to music and im guessing it slipped out of my pocket or something..........well back to the subject, ive seen sites that had to do something with using mp3 players as a external hdd, how do those work?

go to GeekStuff4u.com and search for rapsody and the hdd on the go thing should pop up..................would copy the url but this computers not letting me copy anything :(

Last edited: Jan 31, 2007