1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have looked everywhere but no luck PLEASE help????????????????

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by DHolliday, Feb 21, 2005.

1. DHolliday

DHolliday Guest

Hi, I have an ibook G4. I backed up some viedo to the TS folder.
    Now, is there a way to burn that viedo to a cd-r, cd-rom because my mac only has a combo drive. I have looked everywhere on-line but no luck finding a download to help. Is there a free download somewhere, I know you can pay for them, but to me the fun is to get them free.

P.S. To those who started and maintain this site. THANK YOU and keep up the GREAT work, without people like you, info would be a world away.

Thank You Very Much!!!!

2. RED_BULL

RED_BULL Guest

Can you be a little bit more clear,
    do you mean with viedo-video?
    So you copied a dvd and want to burn it to a cd-r.
    I think that ffmpegx can help you to compress the stuff in the video-TS folder to vcd, so that you can play it as a movie on your computer. I never did it but take a look at the site for more info:
    http://homepage.mac.com/major4/
    I think you have to pay for it but you can try it for free, or search for another way (if you know what i mean!).

3. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

Your message is confusing. You CAN burn a CD-R with a combo drive.

Are you trying to make a video CD or a dvd?

4. DHolliday

DHolliday Guest

Hello,
    I have a dvd. And I want to rip it to a cd-rw on my ibook. The combo drive is a dvd player and a cd recorder. So I would like to burn the whole dvd to the cd-rw. I did try to use ffmpegx, but the darn thing is so confusing and no directions or anything. I am pretty sure you can burn video to a cd; because I have heard of people doing it. But that was on (Windows). Not a mac!!!

Thanks Doc...............

5. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

OK. You want to make a VCD or Video CD. You can use toast to do this. Select the video tab and drop your video files on the window. Then select what type of VCD you want to make. You will lost a ton of quality going from dvd-VCD and it will take a llllloooooonnnnnggggg ttttiiiiiiiiimmmmmeeeeee for it to process. I'd start it when you go to bed at night and it MIGHT be done when you wake up if you have a decent machine.

6. DHolliday

DHolliday Guest

I do not own toast. So I am not going to be able to use it. And I have looked into it and toast is like $175.00. I am looking for a way to be able to do this for free or near it. Like a download or something. There are several for windows but have not found one for apple...... Thanks..

7. Londor

Londor Guest

8. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member