1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have made so many coasters

Discussion in 'PS2' started by toolband, Feb 8, 2003.

1. toolband

toolband Guest

Here is my problem, I have a pioneer dvr a05, memorex dvd-r, magic 3 chip, version 5 ps2, i am burning with nero (so far just the demo but I am buying the full version today.) I have only been successful in backing up 3 games, and have wasted 5 other dvd-r's. (The odds aren't too good at this point.) When I use nero, I copy at 1x, disconnect from internet (I was told with broadband always being on it could cause a problem with the burn process), I disable my screensaver and basically do whatever else I can so that the pc is focused solely on the copying of the dvd. Why am I making so many coasters, I have tried alcohol120, but I kept on getting an error message in the first 10 seconds of trying to copy vice city which wasted that blank dvd. I did a backup of ssx tricky which worked fine, but since I put a label on the disc, it won't even boot up now. I did not install the chip myself so I have no idea if the solder points are fine (but I am beginning to wonder about that as well because some games I got off the person who chipped my ps2 won't work if I have been playing a different game for about 15 minutes). Any ideas on why the burn process is not working? One last thing, after I backup a game, when I check the burn side of a dvd, a succesfull burn will have a very sharp line at the edge of the data track, a failed burn will have a fuzzy line at the edge of the data track, why is this.

2. c7015

c7015 Regular member

dont buy nero you can find so many xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You just want to get banned don't you. Read the rules, you have been warned. Dex

Last edited: Feb 8, 2003
  3. dreadogg

dreadogg Guest

um I am burning a movie right now and surfing the net, I use ritecks 1x media!

4. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

Use recordnow max 4.50 u can get the demo from stompinc.com. I use ritek and princo brand media.