1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i have no idea what im doing with the PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Josh290Go, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Josh290Go

Josh290Go Member

what i want to do is play SNES ROM's on my PSP. I saw guides but i have no idea. I got a fat PSP version 3.80 with none of the hacks or mods or whatever they are called. i want to know what i need to download and do to get the SNES ROM's to work.. thanks

2. hoip

hoip Regular member

get CFW (custom firmware on ur psp) thats the onli way

3. Josh290Go

Josh290Go Member

What CFW version would I need? Right now im using 3.80 and I know thats not CFW, but im afraid telling me to download it is not much help, i need to know what version i should download, where, and what do I do with it?

4. Eddiez78

Eddiez78 Member

Hi, you sound like me a couple of weeks back. Check it out. I used a link that 07anto07 hooked me up with and now I'm running CFW 3.90 m33 with 1.5 V2 add-on. I haven't done much to my psp, but now I'm trying to find out how to add roms and emulators. use the link and follow instructions. hope it helps
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/610312

5. Josh290Go

Josh290Go Member

youve told me more than anything so far, thankyou, i hope it works. i read a site how to add roms and emulators, but idk if it works cus i kept getting a error saying the game doesnt work or its corrupted.

6. Eddiez78

Eddiez78 Member

THis is the exact link you need since you're running Official FW and you have a fat psp http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/610313#3685241
    I didn't bother with modding my battery. I just purchased one off eBay which was already modified. Make sure you follow instructions and you should be running CFW in no time. I think that the reason why you keep coming up with corrupt game messages is because you're still running Sony's official FW. By the way, where'd you find the tutorial for adding roms and emulators.

7. Josh290Go

Josh290Go Member

8. Eddiez78

Eddiez78 Member

Thanks for that link. I installed a few NES roms already. Pretty easy!!