1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have some problems with d2ckey

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by evilguy86, Oct 17, 2007.

1. evilguy86

evilguy86 Member

It's really wierd, recently I installed the chip on my wii and somehow it got semi-Bricked and I dont have any idea why. I have a ntsc-u wii and I only Inserted Ntsc-u games, I also have the latest update for my machine.
    another problem is that most of the games doesnt work.
    I already tried:
    -Metroid prime and this is the only game that worked.
    -RE4 the disc is loaded and I can start the game but then it kind of flickering and when I press new game it get stuck.
    -WarioWare the disc is loaded I can see the animation in the wii menu but when I started it, I only see black screen that doesnt change like it's loading or something but never stops.

I tried to burn the games serveral times with SilverLine disks.
    I have NU X16 dvd-wr I burned the game with speed X4 with nero.

I really hope you can help me...
    Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  2. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

Honestly, that chip is so new that most people on here aren't going to be able to give you specific advice. I have modded more wiis than I can count using all the other chips but I have yet to install a D2C chip. I am confident in my soldering skills (I did plenty of 30 wire mods on xbox's and especially PS2's) so I'm not worried about installing it, but since I haven't had the opportunity just yet, I can only give you general advice. I would first check all your solder points to make sure that you didn't bridge any of the legs on the chipset. With this small of a soldering job, that's the first thing that I would check. If visibly you can't see any problems then get a digital multimeter and check for continuity on all your contacts.

3. sqrlex

sqrlex Guest

what kafluke said. Honestly the chip is very new.
    Could also be your media. Try Verbatim or taiyo yudens which are better quality.

Can't state higly enough how important it is, not to bridge the legs.
    YOu should have a magnifying glass with good lighting and multimeter handy. Perhaps a areally good soldering iron, with a relaly pointy tip.
    12watt or 15watt is the best. I know you can argue this but in general. Its a good tip.

make sure the tv settings are all correct.

4. evilguy86

evilguy86 Member

I'm pretty confident about the solder, I didnt do it alone but with an expert, But still thank you very much for the advice I'll check it out.
    although I'm not quite sure that this is the problem because some of the games does work well.
    maybe I was hoping that someone else installed that chip and has the same problems but i guess i'm alone with it ;)
    Anyway, I'm trying now different media and I'll let you know if it's working.

5. evilguy86

evilguy86 Member

Nope doesnt working, I also tried Zelda and truma center with different media and I'm getting the same black screen error..
    I think its because my wii is semi-bricked.
    maybe I should try to release it first, I just need to figure out how.

so meanwhile:
    Warioware,RE4,Zelda and truma center doesnt work..
    well at least I can play MP3C.

6. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

could it be that the new chip is unable to play certain games?

new chip - noone knows much about it

certain games work better with wiikey than cyclowiz etc

7. evilguy86

evilguy86 Member

Well I dont know, I always hear that modders successfully installed the chip and it's working, and those games are some of the major titles for the wii.
    I dought those games wont work with this chip. as I said, I can load the game but when I'm starting it, it just stuck. all I wanna know is if i'm the only one with this problem or there is another one with this chip that has the same problem...

edit: Also I think that if the wiikey is capable to run those games the d2ckey surely can handle those, especially if its from the same team...

8. evilguy86

evilguy86 Member

Ok now I'm sure it's because of the brick. I cant even play original ntsc games i get the same black screen.
    And i also discover that pal games run flawlessly, really wierd. I'll try big brain academy maybe it will update my machine...

9. culius

culius Regular member

you may try to unsolder power input for that chip first then try to unbrick your wii , then try the games make sure all games working , turn off your wireless net , if your games work ok then try resolder 2 wires for p.w input back see what happen then we go next step ...
    that what i will do if i have a problem like that trouble shoot one by one . hope it help for you.

10. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

I hate to say it but I think culius may have a point here. You have to use process of elimination. The first thing I would do after checking continuity of all your solder points is to completely remove the chip making sure to clear any solder left over on the board. Then after the chip is completely removed, try your originals and see if they work. If they do then you know that it's your solder job. If they still don't work and your sure that you have cleared all the solder off your board and you don't notice any missing resistors or anything, then your original assumption of semi-brick may be true. In this case all you have to do is attempt an online update and if that doesn't work then get your hands on a NTSC game that has the latest update and try that until you can get the originals working again. After you have got all the originals working then put your chip back in.

Those are the steps that I would take personally.

11. evilguy86

evilguy86 Member

hmm the question is if it's really necessary to shutdown the chip before I'll try to update the wii? and even if I did unsolder the power input how the hell am I going to unbirck the wii?? I can't update my wii cause my settings are blocked the only option I see is to download a game that may have an ntsc update...
    thanks for your help, but I need to figure out how unbrick the wii first..

edit: as I said I dont think there is somthing wrong with chip, I think that I accidentally updated my wii to pal version which made the brick. also I tried about 7-8 Pal games and they all worked well I cant run NTSC games well.. so I rather try update my wii first before trying new things..

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  12. Mark187

Mark187 Regular member

...Misread the OP

13. culius

culius Regular member

yes , the best way is removed your chip completely and check all the games see it work , i know it alot of work but you can save your time by mark the name on every single wire you take out from the chip (not on the board) and check them clear , make sure all of the wire not short , no solder joint on the board , i think Kafluke think the same way , we have to trouble shoot it from begining now , the reason i tell you cut off p.w from that chip , so it look like it not been mod (chip not working , not present ). so we can check your wii is bricked by software updated or by your solder short or by the chip is bad programed ...ect.

So ..Hey WELLCOME TO THE GAME.... is a hopies

14. scott076q

scott076q Member

Did you solder bridge the jumpers on the chip itself to enable region specific region free?

This is most likely the problem IMO.

Google region jumpers d2ckey

15. culius

culius Regular member

i don't know , i 'm not have that chip , it too new . i just base on your problem and my skill electronic to help you to fix it

16. culius

culius Regular member

17. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

You may have a point if you ran a PAL update on your NTSC wii. In that case you are going to have to try and find a game that has a more recent NTSC update and attempt to semi-brick it that way. I don't know which games have updates on them or if they will even play on your wii at this point but good luck anyway.

18. evilguy86

evilguy86 Member

Yeah I might need the luck.. =\ thank you all for your help if I will succesed with the update and it still wont work I might do as your advices..
    anyway if i wont be able to the update is there anyway to transform my wii completely to pal?

Oh and about the jumper, I think that if you jumpered it in the wrong place by mistake it wont work period. I cant think of a reason why the whole machine will change to another region if you set it to the wrong region free.

19. scott076q

scott076q Member

Unless you updated your console after chipping and you played a region specific game and CHOSE to update the firmware it will not be region semi bricked, full bricked or any other kind of bricked.

Refer to my earlier post and turn on your bull shit filter.

"Oh and about the jumper, I think that if you jumpered it in the wrong place by mistake it wont work period. I cant think of a reason why the whole machine will change to another region if you set it to the wrong region free."

wrong! google the information I originally posted.

20. oferar

oferar Member

I have a similar problem.
    I bought a d2ckey and handle it to a pro for installing, and now it boot backups, but when the game is about to start (after selecting the options/auto save/etc) it gives an error (NFS Carbon) or some sound in the background and a screen with some pixels painted and the console hanged. It works Ok with the original WII Sports.
    I can't open it, because it will void the installer warranty, so I'll handle the console back to him, but is really extrange that it fails when the gameplay should start, and the rest works Ok.