1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i have tried anydvd , dvd fab , clone dvd - no luck- please hlep !!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dvdman101, Nov 3, 2007.

1. dvdman101

dvdman101 Regular member

hi ,

i am trying to back up these 2 dvd sets i bought from a private collector which were made onto a dvd-r . i wanted to make a backup to perserve my original . i have dvd decrypter , dvd shrink , dvdfab decrypter , clone dvd and anydvd with no luck . i keep getting a error messeage on all of them . the original dvd plays fine in my dvd player . does anybody have a idea on what i can use to back it up , i was going to use one of the programs then go thru fixvts to fix any problems , i thought anydvd was going to work as when i went to rip it to hard drive thru anydvd , it sayed it had a tool on it that would fix broken dvd . so i thought maybe i had some luck , but no cigar . any help would be greatley appericated . thanks

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hello.

You really haven't described exactly what the problem is. Can you not rip the disks to your hard drive at all? What happens when you try? What error messages are you receiving? Is the AnyDVD fox head red or gray on the task bar? You cannot use AnyDVD and DVDFab HD Decrypter at the same time.

Is all your software up to date, except for DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink which aren't updated any longer?

What are the title sets you're trying to backup. Are they older or newer?

3. dvdman101

dvdman101 Regular member

hi ,

thanks for replying , when i try dvd decrypter it just keeo saying read errors and the program stalls , on dvd shrink when you try to open the disc it says - invalid dvd navigation structure - when i put the dvd in anydvd , i right clicked and it gave me a option to rip the dvd to my hard drive , when i did this it got about half way thru and then gave me a error messeage due to a file like vob 3 or something , on clone dvd it get's started then gives me a error messeage disc is dirty or scratched , but is clean and not scratched . i would just like to get it on my hard drive but i am out of idea's , any recommendations would be appericated . thanks

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

That's why it's nice to have multiple brands of burners/readers. I've had discs that could not be read on one burner but could on another. My old NEC was the worst offender. Maybe try it on a friend's rig.

5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

These disks more than likely have errors, or were done in a structure that is not being understood. If they were backed up on a single layer dvd then just do a disk copy. You can even try and just drag and drop, there is probably no protection left on them anyway.

6. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

7. dvdman101

dvdman101 Regular member

these dvd 's are footage that been transferred from vhs that has been cleaned up , i am assuming that these are just copies that he made from the original dvd 's and put labels on them . i believe these were made in a standalone dvd recorder as it looks like the menu that you see on these disc , how could i do a simple drop and drag . also do you think isobuster would work . thanks

8. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Just open the DVD and explorer should allow you to open the VIDEO_TS folder where you'll find the VOB files, along with the IFO and BUP file. Sometimes ISOBuster can overcome some errors so it's always worth a shot if all else fails.

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hello

if these dvd's were made in a standalone dvd player, they are probably dvd(VR) format (extra files on the dvd) which ripping apps cant use...

try this, partly as mentioned above, find the VIDEO_TS folder only on the dvdr, right click on the VIDEO_TS folder and click COPY, then paste it on to your hard drive, in C: drive etc...

then load the folder into dvd shrink (useing OPEN FILES tab) - then hit BACKUP - output as iso, burn...

-------------------

things to note ??? not sure if VR format can be + or - format? may need to booktype + to dvdrom, use dvd decrypter to booktype and burn ISO (at same time)

-------------------
    the above is abit of background infomation why i think your having problems... and also to help/maybe get rid of the VR part for future use/editting in different apps.
    -------------------

easier still use nero to make a copy of the copy (1 to 1) no ripping apps needed as this is home made? no copy protection.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
  10. Molder

Molder Regular member

Hi,
    Try using DVD Fab Platinum (trial) us the PATH PLAYER option, this option will look at dic and copy only the shite that a DVD palyer will read and leave all the other crap off.

Give it a try.

M