1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i have tried everything and still no work wish slide card!!! help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by spencersa, Oct 28, 2004.

1. spencersa

spencersa Member

ok im am getting very frustrated. ok i will tell you step by step what i do (im useing a memorex dvdrw).... 1)plaze ps2 game (burnout 3) into drive. 2) open dvd decrypter (the program i use to make copy) i have used everything and no luck, ex. nero, games x copy, clone cd, alchohol 101%.... 3) go to mode and go to iso read. 4) when done making image go to mode , iso write. 5) fallow instructions on slide card (i use the disk cd not the dvd cd for the "swap") 6) i have tried many differnt things and then it stays there for a while and then i get "the pink border" were the border of the screen is pink and ps2 seemed to freez. i even tried to change the view of the cd swap when it loads to the other 2 options. please please help me im desprate!!!-spencer

Last edited: Oct 28, 2004
  2. dewsphere

dewsphere Member

i see several problems.

1. dvd-rw is a bad medium to use on the ps2.
    2. u need to use the dvd swap disc, not the cd.

3. spencersa

spencersa Member

i have tried the dvd swap disc and still no luck... do you think the prob is the rw?

4. wong_c_fu

wong_c_fu Regular member

your DVD decryptor process sounds okay, the only thing is what speed do you burn at? I burn my games at 2.4x speed, most people here do it at 1x. Don't go any higher if you want to play it safe

and yes your version probably is one that does not read DVDRW, not all of them do. Burn on a DVD-R instead

5. spencersa

spencersa Member

im burning at 1x but it bumps it up to 2.4x is that ok? do you think i need a ps2 patch for the game? i hard that but i dunno if you need it for the swap cd's?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2004
  6. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

some dvd's can't burn at 1x because their slowes speed might be 2x.

7. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

spencersa don't use dvdrw discs most ps2's won't load backup games on them either use dvd-r or if your ps2 is above v5 then dvd+r should also be fine