1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i having problems using - dvds

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by taeevans, Dec 12, 2004.

1. taeevans

taeevans Guest

I have just wasted around 25 dvds on attemping to burn a new surf movie i am bringing out. i started using 4 times verbatim plus they all burnt fine but now they sent these new 8 times minus ones. and none of them will play properly in a stand alone dvd player. they all work fine on the computer. but on a stand alone they skip pause and pixelate. i have tried burning at all speeds but the results always the same.
    tp

2. john179

john179 Active member

This could be a bad batch of media which is causing you problem.Check the media with this little tool from this link.This should be able to help you find out the quality of the batch of media your using at present.

http://www.dvdinfopro.com./

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The faster you burn the more chance you have of getting the exact problems you have. Most members suggest burning at 4x max for dvd movies. Just a suggestion, you can try different media at 8x but you may get the same problem.

Jerry

4. taeevans

taeevans Guest

thanks guys,
    everythings in order. tried them on a few later stand alone dvd players and there was no problem. looks like i wil be upgraging mine. no waste of disks just a waste of my time. thanks for the input,
    cheers
    tp

5. john179

john179 Active member

Hey glad to see you sussed it out mate.I always go for the cheaper stand alone dvd players don't know why but they seem to play everything.Probably coz there made in Japan and places like that and are designed that way hey.

6. xxpc210

xxpc210 Guest

Alright I'm not gonna try and make you feel stupid because the same thing happened to me, alright your DVD Player has to be a DVD+R/RW Burner If so then the only reason is the fact that some burners are for pluses or dashes I know I wasted about 20 bucks on the wrong kinds of DVD's It sucks

AIM-XXPC210