1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i hope i didn't break my ps2 - HELP!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by halfeaten, Feb 27, 2005.

1. halfeaten

halfeaten Member

i opened up the ps2 to try to remove the disc tray cover, but couldn't get it... anyway when i put it all back together it wouldn't read discs anymore... so i opened it back up and moved the laser pickup a little bit. NOW it will determine what type of disc has been inserted(PS2 game, PS1, or DVD movie) but it keeps getting errors actually reading the data. did i ruin it???

it seems to be that the pickup is in the incorrect position, but there's no way i could get precise enough to fix that so i REALLY hope that's not the problem. anybody able to help here?? THANKS!!!!!!

-Mike

2. steimy

steimy Active member

have you tried adjusting the laser. When mine stopped reading discs i adjusted the laser and it started to read them again.

3. halfeaten

halfeaten Member

adjust it in which way? THANK you for help!

4. halfeaten

halfeaten Member

I got it to read the beginning of discs... for example i put in a game and is showed the "Playstation 2" logo screen but after that it's just black... and I put a DVD movie in and I can watch the first minute or so then it gives me a read error.

I guess I just need the mess with the laser a little bit more, hopefully I can fix this! Especially since the PS2 is actually my dad's and not mine heh... oops