1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i hope it's ok to ask a rebuilder question here.

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by elizerroj, Apr 15, 2005.

1. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

i'm about to start using rebuilder and i'm not clear about one thing, do i have to use CCE(cce basic$58)or is it ok/enough to ReJIQ OR QuEnc( both free) as external encoder?

what is the difference between them,if it is ok/enough to use the free ones, and why there is hardly any mention or guides when using them(Rejiq or QuEnc)?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
  2. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

Wild77 has made the right suggestion. HC will give you some good quality output -- and its free. For a first time user the best thing to do is download the installable version of DVD Rebuilder at this address:

http://dvd-rb.dvd2go.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=77

It will save you a lot of time and trouble by doing some of the setup for you. It also includes HC encoder, QuEnc, and ReJig. ReJig is a transcoder, it's probably one of the fastest ways to copy a DVD, but it really defeats DVD-RB's real value, which is high quality. By the way -- the price of quality is time... so expect 2-3 hours or so for an HC encode of a movie. CCE is faster.

After a few encodes, if you like what you see, you may want to spring $58 for CCE Basic to get the extra speed/quality and if you want some more capability you may want to consider DVD Rebuilder Pro.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005