1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just accidently bought a hacked XBOX!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Delmorte, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Delmorte

Delmorte Guest

I just went out to game stop today to get my xbox and I picked up what had seemed at the time to be a normal xbox. When I get home I hook it up and first thing I see is the needs service screen. Then it goes away, the led ring around the eject button stays red and I get the normal xbox screen with all the xbox stuff and all that jazz. Well, I knew something was up when I went into the gamesaves and saw the splinter cel with absoultly no game play and then further on down I see the unleash save. Well I turn it off and was like well WTF/ how do I get it to wrok. Then my 16 month old daughter turns it back on and loads a Tony Hawk game and to my amazment I find that it does have a softmod!

Ok now how the hell do I use this? How do I dump games and how do I not mess things up. Can some one send me a good link to the unleash site or something so I could read how to use this and not hurt it. The cool thing is that this is what I was planning on doing anyway but now I dont have to!

2. evilbulb

evilbulb Member

just bring it back

3. Delmorte

Delmorte Guest

Why the hell would anyone do that? Do you realize how fortunate I am? I purchased a modded XBOX for 50$! I dont feel like going to hell and back by splicing usb cords to controllers and all that garbage. The thing seems to be working fine and for all I know it could have a chip! Also the dashboard has a setting to change LED color so that is the reason why the LED was red, as I set it to default I didnt get the red LED monster warning deal so its seems to be A-OK.

Anyone know if I can use the dashboard to start all over and install another one without all the troubles of splicing a usb and all that? I mean now that I have a dash it should be easier to install others shouldnt it?

Here are the files I assume are associated with the soft-mod that I found in the game saves in the OEM MS dash board:

SID 4 Installer

OXM Disc 11 ( I have no clue about this so edjucate me please )
    Edit: Nevermind it seems to only be OFFICIAL XBOX MAGAZINE DEMO!
    Splinter Cell Linux prifile along with a Splinter Cell 00_7 profile ( the weird part is that the Linux save date is back in 2001 and the Splinter Cell is from 9/15/2007! )

Then last but not least the UNLEASHX Launcher.

I also have a what seems to be Halo 2 save that I cant delet that is called y and a Zathura that I cant delete either. I dont know what the deal is with those and the one that seems to be Halo 2 is like, just a profile it has no actual saves on it.

One thing that does concerne me so far is that the format option has a passwword on it and of course I dont know it.

Please anyone give me a bit of assistance. I need to have fun with this. Tony Hawk and Spiderman are the only games on it right now and well they came with it of course and I hate Tony Hawk so I wanna get some new games saved.

THANKS!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2008
  4. jkoz

jkoz Member

Lmao... maybe this is why the people sold the softmod back to Gamestop ;)

I've got mine chipped, can't think of what would prevent gamesaves from being deleted though...

5. Delmorte

Delmorte Guest

I know it sound funny huh? I laughed my a$$ off when I seen all this crap to.

Thanks for a reply but why would it be a reason they sold it back? The thing really works fine I just want to know more about how to use it and if I can redo Unleashx so I can adjust it more to my likeings. I mean even if it does have a few thngs wrong I am sure I could somehow FTP a new dashboard into it and solve it all. I can still acces the XBOX dash and it works perfect so even if Unleashx aint working right I would be able to get rid of it and do a different version or dashboard all together since I have the Linux and SID4 allready in it not?

Even if I cant fix the dashboard I can get the repair disc and just eventually mod it myself. I think regardless since its a good start its definetly worth the $50.

I just cant stand Tony Hawk games!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2008
  6. evilbulb

evilbulb Member

modding an xbox is as simple as pressing a few buttons if you have the right shit. i have the splinter cell linux hack and it was sweet. the only problem you may have is upgrading the hard drive, which is pretty simple if you follow chuckheads guides, he knows everything and his guides have every single answer if you only look. look for a file manager option on your dash. games are usually F:/games. you can just go in and rip it out with no harm being done.

7. Delmorte

Delmorte Guest

Igot rid of the back ups cause they arent mine and the HD needs to be updateed. It is still the factory HD so I had like no space after the two games were put on it. Now I am trying to get a new dash. So far I got DVD2XBOX to work off of a CD-R so I am going to try someone elses addvice and try AID. I read directions on how to install it and it tells me to just burn and put it in the XBOX.

Thanks, DVD2XBOX works great also but it dont have as many features as Unleashx but then again I dont think I would use those features so untill I get this AID figured out how can I delete unleashx and use dvd2xbox as my main dashboard. Like how do I set it to boot DVD2XBOX on start up instead of Unleashx?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2008