1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just bought DVD X Copy from Ebay and I am unable to copy DVDs of mine

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by darkturbo, Mar 4, 2005.

1. darkturbo

darkturbo Member

I tried to copy two DVDs of mine. They are Pocahontas 2 and Babie at swan lake. My daughter love to destroy her dvd. ((( My version of DVD X Copy Platinum is 4.0.3.8 and when I try to make a backup copy of these DVDS I get the error that DVD X Copy Platinum can not make a copy of this disk because it is CSS encrypted. PLEASE HELP!!! I feel that I just wasted my money on this product and now that its open and hardly any support for this product I will be stuck with this expensive useless program. I bought it because I know it was the Best and thought it still was! ((( Again Please help me.

2. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

You are going to need a ripper to break the css encryption. Try either dvd decryptor (free) or AnyDVD (best in my opinion but costs $40. 21 day free trial).

3. Sorrow1

Sorrow1 Member

I use that version of dvdxcopy and it works fine, may be you should uninstall it, reinstall and set date to (November 11,2003)before rebooting thats the last date that it can be registered, it works for me.then try opening program up with the same date, if it works ok you can change your date back. If you do get it working, you can get rid of the 321 copyright screen with IFOedit and Vobrator, there are instructions on how to do this.if you need help my email is (Sorrow1_asking_to_get_banned@afterdawn.com)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2005
  4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

sorry to say ... but I say your bad!! Because you should have just got DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter (both are free!!!).

Also, XCopy has been known to have problems with Disney movies.

5. flip218

@Sorrow1,

Interesting email address you got there. I think it's time you read the forum rules, epecially if you ever want to become a member, senior member, etc ...

6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Sorrow1,
    Just say send me a PM, instead. There was a program to remove the 321 intro screen but I can't remember where it is since I quit useing 321 products.

7. flip218

Two ways:

1) best way ... get the RF version v4.0.4.15RF then do the bouducon.dll file swap to re-enable the ripper :)

2) get 321Gone ... but only works in simple mode (XPress)
    http://psidoc0.tripod.com/

8. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

thats it flip. I had xpress so I used the psidoc proggy. Couldn't remember the name. That happens when ya get old.

9. flip218

Yea ... but if your gonna use XCopy use the RF version. Mainly cause the browse function works. So dvds with the newer copy protection you can use DVD Decrypter to rip first then run it through Platinum.

Honestly ... you should just use Decrypter and Shrink :)

10. tmthydnns

tmthydnns Member

i had been using 321 software dvdxcopy but now i am a firm beliver in dvd clone i think it is the best program i have ever used .

11. darkturbo

darkturbo Member

Wow soo many coments and soo little time I cant believe you all responded soo fast. This really is a great site. It seems I have a lot of options. But none are super clear on what to do. I am sure I will mess this up some how. (( Sorrows advice is great! But no longer used 321 products! ((( Why Sorrow? And someone also mentioned I should put my computer clock back. I will try that tomorrow if you all recommend that route. I just really want to get this thing working everyone. I will feel a lot better knowing that I didn't throw away money for this program. I want to make my wife proud. (lol, that might be hard to do :p) Thank you all for all your input and will check this thread in the morning again (in about 8 hours) Wave :)

12. Sorrow1

Sorrow1 Member

I have shrink and decrypter and many other programs the (XCOPY-NERO) comination is the best ive found.

I wish i could be of more help to you dark but these
    forums limit what i can and cant say.

If you install xcopy you must set date back to (November 11,2003) before rebooting.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2005
  13. madgreek

madgreek Guest

Let me share a personal expierence. Dvd Copy x was good a year ago...maybe 2. I thought it was the only program out there. Until someone told me about dvdshrink. Dvdshrink is free and puts dvd copy x to shame. Plus dvd copy x stopped development over a year ago so its a dead program. So is dvdshrink, they stopped development on that as well a few months back, but anydvd helps

14. Sorrow1

Sorrow1 Member

I like shrink ok but it gets my P4 Prescott red hot, (140F to be exact) XCOPY shrinks as it rips and only uses half the processor power of shrink.

15. flip218

Are you running Shrink in low priority mode? I don't know if that would help.

16. darkturbo

darkturbo Member

First of all I want to thank everyone for all there help. Second I wanted to say to Sorrow that I was unable to contact you via email. I recieved the message of delivery failure. You seem to be very knowledgable with the problems I am having and would love to continue to email or chat with you about my issues.

Sincerely,
    Tom

17. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

darkturbo,

You can send Sorrow1 a pm (private message) by clicking on the little head with the arrow over on the upper right side of one of his posts

18. darkturbo

darkturbo Member

Ty so much Mort ))))

19. darkturbo

darkturbo Member

Hello again Mort. I just send a PM to Sorrow but did not say it was delivered? ( Is this normal? Should I open a new thread for this or what? I am new to this stuff. Ty again, Tom

20. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Give him some time to respond. In the meantime download dvd decryptor by clicking on the blue letters and try ripping with it. You might as well download dvd shrink too as they are both free and try your luck with these two proggys. There are guides for both on this forum under guides at top or you can google for some guides. Here's a link to dvd decryptor.http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_decrypter.cfm