1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just burned Swap Magic v2 what next?

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by knightbat, Mar 13, 2005.

1. knightbat

knightbat Member

I just downloaded the Swap Magic .iso and burned it as an image to a disc using nero on a CD-R. I put it in my NON MODDED PS2 and it just comes up to that Orange screen that says insert a disc, is this the corect way so far? Or do I have to do anything else?

2. knightbat

knightbat Member

also, do I have to open up my PS2 to switch discs? or can I just open up the tray? Whats the significance of opening it up compared to just pushing the button?

3. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Well, you can start by purchasing a real copy of SwapMagic v3.3 if that's the route you wish to take. Because you cannot burn SwapMagic discs.

I'm assuming you have an older ps2, (not the slimline), so you will either need to buy a fliptop cover, or use a slidecard. (or substitute for slidecard)

When swapping SwapMagic for your backup game, you can't use the eject button. The ps2 can't know that you are switching discs.

4. knightbat

knightbat Member

So you cant burn Swap Magic?

5. wazup1023

wazup1023 Member

no you cant burn swap magic

6. knightbat

knightbat Member

Where is the cheapest I can purchase a SwapMagic disc? Do I need to install any mod chip if I use a Swap Magic still? or just use the disc, and then open up the ps2 and throw in the burnt disc?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005
  7. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

You don't need a modchip with the SwapMagic method, and i pretty much summed up the other part in my first post.