1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i just can seem to do it :o(

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by onisuk, Jan 25, 2005.

1. onisuk

onisuk Member

im xbox is chipped and all i want to do is change the dash and and make it play dvds !
    i havent got the cables to do a ftp and i can seem to find anywhere i can dl a good auto installer ?!! can some one help me out ! im guessing that i need an auto installer so that means i just burn of an iso disc ans stick it in, insted of using a pc connection ??!
    many thanks dom

2. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

try slayers 2.6. i've never used it but from what i've read, it does all those things.

a crossover cable is only like $8...

3. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Do you have a router? I have never been able to just connect an xbox to PC without an internet connection and router.

Once you have slayers installed, on the dashboard it will give you an IP Address when it detects your connection. Use FlashFXP or your regular FTP program if your comfortable with it. You can't have an internet connection while you're FTPing to your xbox, so check your network connection to ensure that your not on your main internet connection. If you have problems getting a connection, unplug the ethernet cable from the xbox and then reconnect to see if the IP address changes. If it does, then enter that number into the FTP program.

Burn Slayers v2.6 to a Memorex CD-RW using Nero 6

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  4. onisuk

onisuk Member

yeah i dont really want to mess about with all that ! cant i just d/l the slayer auto installer ??! isnt that the point of the auto installer...so you dont have to do a ftp ??! where can i get a copy of slayers 2.6 from ??! i cant find one any were ??!!
    help !!!!!!!!!!!!
    lol

5. PG2115

PG2115 Regular member

Hey Send me a message on AIM at PG2115 and Ill break it down. I can give u slayers auto installer, or tell u were to download it from.

6. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

Why, Hrdrk20, do you say that you cannot be connected to the internet while FTPing? i'm typing this post on the internet while transferring some new maps for Halo 2 to my xbox at the same time.
    as long as they're both physically connected to your computer, you can FTP and be on the net at the same time.

7. PG2115

PG2115 Regular member

Yes, you can big_g-man is right. I do it all the time

8. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

I am in an unusual situation. I do not have an internent connection in my home. I am stealing highspeed internet using a wireless PCI card and a device called an Cantenna ( www.cantenna.com). My xbox is connected to a M$ router. The router does not pick up the outside connection, only the xbox. When I use the internet my connection is GCI345 and when I use the xbox to FTP I need to switch to MSHOME.

Anywho, That problem is behind me since I have relocated to Las Vegas and will look into Cox cable or DSL if it's avaliable.

9. blaggard

blaggard Member

that wasn't very nice PG2115