1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just can't do it....help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by DonnieD99, Apr 6, 2004.

1. DonnieD99

DonnieD99 Member

Hey people...this is it for me...I'm gonna give it one more go then I'm just gonna by a new burner or something...I have a Lite-On 451S DVD burner...I've tried using Maxell, Memorex, and Sony discs to make backups of my PS2 games...

I'm using Nero, Dvd Shrink, Prassi,and Dvd Decrypter among others...I have an older chip that I have to use the gameshark with...Some programs won't even acknowledge my burner and won't let me burn while others will burn fine and just not work...I come to a black screen and it just won't load any more...

I have no clue how to solve this problem...maybe I need a different burner, or software, or media...I really need any advice you guys can give me...I'm sure you guys know how stressing it can be...I've been trying for a few weeks now and just making coaster...Any help would be great...thanx

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

you should give 120% a go... try a better media such as ritek g04 and tdk multi speed 1x-4x... burning at lower speeds is good way to make a working backup.. after burnning the game if the ps2 wont run the game dont blame the pc or the burnner or yourself... blame the chip its old and it wasent intended to play dvd-rs... you should get rid of it and get a better chip or use the swap magic with the top or use the top with the gameshark... to boot up a dvd-r on neo chip boot up gameshark insert original game with a big toc such as GTA3 or vice city or DMC1 or 2 dont get me wrong you dont need to put the original game that you trying to boot the backup of... like if its a backup of gta3 dont use the original gta3 to boot it up... put the game in then let it spin... when you reach the menu that ways press X to play game swap the game with your backup and press X... the game should be running... if you have trouble with booting games this way... feel free to ask me anything...