1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just destroyed my Swap Magic CD version...Is there any other way to boot CD games?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Tazz212, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Tazz212

Tazz212 Member

Ya...I scratched my Swap Magic 3 CD disc bad enough so it won't read anymore...I'm just wondering if there is any other method to boot a CD based game? I use a flip-top by the way. Does DVD Loader boot CD based games somehow? If I burned a copy of SM CD 3...Booted with DVD version, put in DVD Loader and then booted from my burned SM 3 disc would that work?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

yeah, dvd loader will work.

No, it has to be an original cd based ps2 game (to change into cd mode) that is bigger than the one you are trying to boot.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]V9 PS2, flip top, SMD, DVDLoader
    Pioneer 105, Memorex 4X DVD-R
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2004
  3. Tazz212

Tazz212 Member

If the original disc is not bigger than the one I'm trying to boot will I get an "error reading disc"??

I'm trying to boot the Disc ID utility and Im using the HDD Utility CD...I get an error though...I'm guessing it's because the Disc ID is bigger than the HDD Utility...But I don't know that for a fact.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i doubt it is smaller than the disc id utility, its very small. You are trying to load the utility for the dnas id right? If so, on ps2nfo.com they have it modified so you can burn it to dvd, just like the did with cd loader.