1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just finished connecting a 500GB SATA Hard Drive to my PS3!!!!

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by andy409, Feb 22, 2007.

1. andy409

andy409 Regular member

Now, all I need is a PS3 Iso Loader and I'm good!!!!

Finally, I did a hack, I might be the first 13 year old to do a ps3 hack??!!!

who knows!!!

P.S. If you have a ps3 iso loader, I am willing to pay $80 USD for it and what I just said is against Afterdawn.com rules, please don't suspend or delete my account, I am still kind of a newb.

Gracias, Adios De Amigos!!!

2. Noamos

Noamos Regular member

Do you have a tutorial on hooking up your 500gb hdd on your ps3? Mr. 13yr hacker.

3. TuRDMaN

TuRDMaN Member

AFAIK, all you need really is a SATA 2.5" to 3.5" adapter.

4. blimpie92

blimpie92 Guest

ha its not that hard to put in a harddrive and lol hes willing to pay $80 for a iso loader

5. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

Sweet setup man, too intense for Microsoft to handle lol

6. gkmpb4

gkmpb4 Regular member

Im looking into switching my hard drive out, and installing Linux but just a lil hesitant.($600) Man, 500gb!?!!? I think i might have to do something to top that, cuz I wasnt thinking of putting in that big of a hard drive in mine.13 yrs old, you have to brag on that one a lil. When I was 13, I was still running out of breath blowin in those nintendo cartridges. But when you think about it, why not put the biggest one you can inthere. And it may come in handy if Sony actually does what they say they may do with this playstation store. flOw is ok. No other game is quit like it which makes it unique, but different subject, different thread.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  7. gkmpb4

gkmpb4 Regular member

So basically what you are saying is I dont have to have a notebook hard drive? I have a 250gb (7200) hard drive and all i need is that adapter to go from a sata 3.5 to a 2.5 to connect to the PS3? I saw the other instruction that you need that type of notebook.

http://www.gamersreports.com/article/43/

and it says you should use a 5400rpm harddrive. has anybody else been successfull with any other method?

8. Dv1726

Dv1726 Member

any movie Tutorial on how to install the HDD ?

9. ferrytran

ferrytran Guest

why wont you guys just buy a external HDD. thats what did. i now got a 500GB external HDD conneted to my ps3 and it costs less.

10. andy409

andy409 Regular member

I mean that if anyon has one before ferrox comes, I am willling to pay 80 USD,after, I'll pay what ferrox is offering

and yes, i did use a guide, I didn't know what kind of cable to use and does anyone know the date ANY ISOloader is going to come out??

11. Dv1726

Dv1726 Member

(Ps3News) [...]
    Ferrox is'nt going to be released , there was 2 movie of it just to "show off" to other homebrew/scene dev'ers and for entertainment purposes . The person who made Ferrox signed an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) so they cannot release the loader itself since they work as a licensed developer.

For a PS3 iSO Loader, you'll likely have to wait until sometime after March 23 for a Paradox one... or rumor has it on iRC EFNet #PS3News someone plans to release one during the second to third week in March (just prior to the EUR PS3 release).

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  12. andy409

andy409 Regular member

Is it going to be free or we have to pay for it???

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  13. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

canuckerz, edit your sig to conform to forum specs ASAP.
    4. If you want to use both text and image in your signature the image should not be more than 500 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall, and you can use up to three lines of text.

14. prinzz

prinzz Member

ferrytran (Member) 23. February 2007 @ 19:38
    why wont you guys just buy a external HDD. thats what did. i now got a 500GB external HDD conneted to my ps3 and it costs less

how did you connect your external hard drive. i have a 20gb mobile hd and i connected it via usb to my ps3 but it didnt recognize it. whats the difference between hd/hdd. help

15. i1der

i1der Member

HD goes to "High Definition", and HDD "Hard Disk Drive"

16. astro_boy

astro_boy Member

People keep mentioning "connect external HDD (250GB, 500GB & etc.)..." but is there any guide on how to do it?? Please produce the guide or step on how to do it!!!

17. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

external hd manual will have it or just plug the usb cable into pc from external hd after turning on external hd power.

18. astro_boy

astro_boy Member

No...no.... what I mean is guide or steps to connect external HDD to PS3 and make PS3 "recognise" the external HDD connected and not to guide or ways to connect the external HDD to PC.

19. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

lol what a bunch of bs. you really think you can run unsigned devices like that?

i- think there is more than just swaping.

20. prinzz

prinzz Member

i agree. for the moment this is bs because i have tried to hoook up a 20gig external hdd and i still have no luck. All of you who claim to have hook up any sort of external hdd post up steps you took so the rest may follow.