1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just had a revelation!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Getao7325, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Getao7325

Getao7325 Member

This might sound crazy or just stupid but it's a theory. You know how in an Xbox the hard drive is an 80 gigs hard drive and not 1 gig is taken away it's always 500000.. whatever da number. Well what if we took an Xbox hard drive and put it in the ps2's? It might have been tested already but I just thought it might have the same effect on us.

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

I don't really understand the point to your post or what you're trying to accomplish but the xbox HDD is only 10GB from the factory.

3. Getao7325

Getao7325 Member

Sorry bout that, I mean I'm not an Xbox user but from what i saw at my friends house, not 1 little bit of memory was not being used, so it read. But just excuse my little post because I don't know that much about modding. But thanx for replying.

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Are you perhaps talking about the condition that occurrs when you buy an 80GB HDD as reported by the manufacturer that becomes about 77GB or so as reported by the operating system or the PS2 in the case with HD Loader/Advance? If so, the hardware vendor considers a GB = 1,000,000,000 where as softare vendors consider a GB = 1,000,048,000. This discrepancy causes the situation I described above to occurr. Add in the space HD Loader/Advance needs to load required software on the HDD to function and the available space lessens even more.

5. Getao7325

Getao7325 Member

Yea, you somewhat answered my question and I can deal with that answer. Thanx.