1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i just need Swap Magic to copy PS2 games?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by PALToNTSC, May 1, 2005.

1. PALToNTSC

PALToNTSC Regular member

hi guys can you help me pls??..i have some ps2 games and i want to backup them, so what i need??just the swap magic software? anything else?

what is best to use? dvd+ or dvd-? and what speed?

thank you

2. neojapan

neojapan Regular member

yeah I use swap magic and dvd+r for mine but,you need dvd decrypter to extract the iso image from the game

3. PALToNTSC

PALToNTSC Regular member

thank u neojapan for your help..yes i have dvd decrypter and i got swap magic but the problem i don't know how to use them very well..can you help me pls more??..thank you

is clone dvd2 can copy a ps2?

4. Decon954

Decon954 Regular member

PALToNTSC What you do is put the game in your dvd drive open dvd decrypter, Under the mode tab pick iso read and at the bottom click on the disk and hard drive pic, And dvd decrypter will start reading the game, Make sure you only read at no more then 2x, When the game is done being read eject the game and put in a blank dvd close the drive and go pick iso write under the mode tab, Then on the left side under source you will see a folder click on it and pick the mds folder it's the small one in size not the big one, Then go and click on the hard drive to disk pic, But before you click on the pic make sure your write speed is not more then 2x it will be on the right side at the bottom. When the game is done eject it and close your drive then go to your ps2 put in your swap magic let it load then use ether your slide tool or flip top and take out swap magic and put the game in and pick load game. And bingo,bango,bongo your done good luck

5. IcemanGS

IcemanGS Member

You have to try out your own variations in media and writing speeds. I use Sony DVD-R and DVD+R and they work great. My games load really slow if I burn at 4x but work fine at 8x.

6. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

The tutorial for your question is right at the front page of this very website afterdawn.com

7. PALToNTSC

PALToNTSC Regular member

Thanx Decon954 for your help...so swap magic is not a software??it's a player???..a player to play your backup files dvd??and how to get it??i have to buy it or to download it?

heLp..HELP....helppppppppppppp

8. Decon954

Decon954 Regular member

PALToNTSC You Have To Buy it,Just do A Search On The Web For Swap Magic 3.3 Or Now the New One 3.6 And Ether A Slide tool Or Fliptop Cover, The Flip Top Cover is The Best Thing Ever Made. You Should Be Able To Get Both For Around $55 Shipped.

9. StnkyMnug

StnkyMnug Regular member

go to http://revolution-sales.com/, they ship fast and they have great service i ordered on a sunday then got on a thursday...
    hope this helps