1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just ordered the Slim tool and SM3.3 discs

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by lib, Feb 7, 2005.

1. lib

lib Guest

From www.slimtool.us.

Any of you order from them before. I cant wait to get it. I didnt realize how much the exchange rate was.

30.48 GBP came out to like 73$ Canadian.
    Crazy.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you got ripped off.

3. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

no he didn't taxes are crazy, mine came to about 65$ worth every penny, the orginal was 30 including the tool you have to pay for mail, gst,pst, and all the taxes and it comes to a total of about 60-80 dollers

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

he could have just bought it from a canadian company. The slimtool only costs a few bucks.

5. dfaulting

dfaulting Member

wow, $60-$80?!?! i got mine for $12 including shipping and i thought it was expensive...

6. dfaulting

dfaulting Member

it's only 2 pieces of plastic

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  7. lib

lib Guest

Well I posted asking where to buy it in Canada with the SWAP MAgic Disks.. noone seemed to know.. or felt like replying..
    so I bought it from the only reputable place I could find which was them...

Where did you buy your SM 3.3 disks and Slimtool from for 12 bucks?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2005
  8. lib

lib Guest

One thing I forgot to ask, I just emailed him now is if the SM discs are for PAL only... or if they will work for NTSC... because im in NA and they are in GB

9. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you must use the pal swap magic for pal ps2's and the ntsc swap magic for ntsc ps2's.

10. lib

lib Guest

This is the email I received from slimtool.co.uk

"
    Swap Magic V3.3 work on both PAL & NTSC & JAP consoles so you can play any region game.

Best Regards

Ray
    "

11. ashtonjay

ashtonjay Guest

You all got shafted,
    when you get it you will notice the English on the box & in the instruction manual is dredful,thats because these are produced in asia,where they are dirt cheap.
    i got mine 6 weeks ago for 60 pence(1 us dollar!!) in Hong Kong (kowloon night market) aparently if i had bartered with the guy i could of got it for less,one guy i know paid 12p for his.
    thats why i bought shit load & stuck em on e-bay for £15 a pop

12. lib

lib Guest

we all dont live in Hong Kong or visit their regularly now do we...

Now anyone know about the email the guy sent me as per the NTSC and PAL

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2005
  13. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you just have to hope he sent your the ntsc version. the pal one won't boot up in your ps2.

14. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

it think 60 is just right, i don't see how it matters were getting these games for free it would have costed us thousands with out them

15. lib

lib Guest

Now the Owner of the site is not returning my emails. At first he wouldnt repond to any email where I asked about shipping times. and now I have asked for a refund, and he wont answer me at all. Im worried he stole my money.

16. lib

lib Guest

Well he replied, I willl wait and see what happens from here.

17. BOUT2BUS

BOUT2BUS Guest

I got my Slimtool and sm3.3 SET
    from

http://www.pop-uk.info
    for 24.50

and received them in three days, but then they are in the UK, so am I. It sucks to have to buy from another country, surely there must be an official retailer in canada?

18. lib

lib Guest

I am really trying to find one, even in the United States would help. Im just hoping he gives me my frefund. I am considering getting a mod chip installed locally as well, since my friend is doing it. I havnt decided, i just want my money back

19. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

they store didn't do anything it's the goverment so don't blame the store blame it all on the government concidering all the sites sell them in the range of 20-30 dollers the government puts the taxes on them witch makes it go to around 60 bucks, whats stupid is you can't put taxes on illegal items and we all know swapmagic is illegal, i doubt the stores going to refund you or site anyways, if it was a store you can actually go to maybe but a site witch the building is miles and miles away from you it's about 1-400 chance you will get a refund concidering it was the government that did the gst and pst and all this and the post office to there all against us

20. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member