1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just update my 360 without updating to lt plus 1.91

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by gawdtwyn, Sep 11, 2011.

1. gawdtwyn

gawdtwyn Regular member

First off I had been reading and to no avail it seemed I need to go to radio shack to update to the new dashboard.I was willing to do so but did not really care,only reason being is this xbox has been banned since 11/09.I just use it to get games and if I like I buy the game.If your interested in how here it is,I had a dead drive sitting around and just slapped it in and let it update.I was a little skeptical.Well it worked,so if you have a dead drive lying around give it a shoot,lastly I think I'm working off lt 1,dn't really remember

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  2. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

Radio Shack?

3. wabashman

wabashman Active member

didnt you hear, you just walk by one of these useless stores and it updates your drive just like that. its probably some scheme they have set up to actually get people into their stores to look at their stupid matchbox cars and other useless items they now carry instead of what made them popular in the first place.

4. gawdtwyn

gawdtwyn Regular member

ummmmmmmmmm................it was late,but after reading a good bit,it seemed I would need to get a toogle switch,so I could do the pmt method.See I have a maximus extractor with spear from like 2009,and after reading and reading and reading some more reading,that is what it came down to a toogle switch.Please tell me if there is another way,only because im going to have to flash later on in the the future.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  5. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

What the hell man? Radio Shack is by no means useless. I point people towards that store almost every day. I use it as a landmark to point people towards the expressway.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  6. wabashman

wabashman Active member

7. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

yeah i love it when you go in there and actually need something like a diode, and they say "what is that"!!!

8. tardisk9

tardisk9 Member

If i have read this correct, what your saying is that when you do an update to a firmware effecting dash, if you swap out the drive for an identical drive before hand and then can swap back after the dash has done its flash it will still play your copied games.

Cheers for the info gawdtwyn!

9. gawdtwyn

gawdtwyn Regular member

the drive was not identcal,it was a benq.and yes it worked only thing is the xbox has been banned for over 2 years.like I said,I read that I needed a toogle swich to update my firmware after the update and it was like it's 2 in the morning im ready to hit the sackSo I decided to try and use this drive that would not read games no more and Bam.................... it worked.thanks