1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I keep getting error of CSS/CPPM

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by TruSake, Nov 28, 2004.

1. TruSake

TruSake Member

Every DVD that I've burned always worked fine, but then this one time I keep getting an error that says it is encrypted with CSS/CPPM and it cannot bypass it, I've read other forums and it seems other people have had the same problem with some DVDs, any way to decrypt it?

I've tried DVD Shrink, DVD 43, AnyDVD, with and without it running on the background

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

what movie is it?

3. TruSake

TruSake Member

Is actually the Smallville Season 2, the fifth disc keeps giving me that problem

DVD Shrink won't decrypt it and neither will DVD Decrypter, both stop the decryption at 50%, it just says "there's a CSS/CPPM protection and it shouldn't be", but unfortunely it is.

4. flip218

If you've tried Shrink, DVD Decrypter, AnyDVD and DVD43 ... it's not css. CSS is a copy protection error, which all those programs can get past.

Are you using the newest AnyDVD? Most likely a bad disc.

5. TruSake

TruSake Member

Well, the disc plays fine on my DVD player and Playstation 2
    Plus this guy also had the same problem, however, he never answered back to see if he had solved the problem
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/122026

I have Season 3, the original plays fine on my PS2, but I've made copies of Season 3 and some won't play on PS2 others won't play just the menu on PS2, but all play on my DVD player of my computer. Season 3 is brand new, can it be a new protection written on it?

6. flip218

Yea sure ... if that is what you wanna believe. Everytime someone can't rip a movie that is what they say.

Just because they play doesn't mean they are a bad factory pressed disc. Why could you rip some and not disc #5. They put this so called "new protection" only on disc five?

7. TruSake

TruSake Member

Didn't I just wrote someone else had the same problem? You're gonna tell me it's a coinscidence?
    Right

If your idea of helping is smarting off, then don't say nothing

8. flip218

I am helping, you jack***. Bad factory pressed disc is not uncommon, others have had these problems.

Keep in mind YOU are the one who came up with "new protection" ... I mearly stated that is not true, but believe what you want.

And it's common sense, why would they put a new protection on disc #5 and not the previous 4? Ever thought of that?

If you cannot rip using AnyDVD or DVD43(running in the background), DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter ... you will not be able to backup that disc. It's one thing to play it, it's another to rip the disc.

You could try to use DVD Decrypter and check skip errors.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2004
  9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

TruSake

Not all codes CSS can be decrypted by a single ripper, that's why I keep more than one ripper in my arsenal. Soem DVD's also contain physical protections that will prevent a rip from completing. This doesn't mean that they're impossible to backup it just means you're going to have to use a little imagination.

Now for a couple of questions.

When you rip is there a particular point where the rip stops everytime? If so make written note of the Vob or file where it stopped. Now using DVD Decrypter try ripping just that file at the slowest ripping speed your reader supports (it'll need its own folder). Having AnyDVD running in the background often helps but it's not necessary. If you successfully rip the single file then set Decrypter and try and rip the rest of the disc. If that succeeds then copy the first ripped file into the same folder and that just might fix it.

Good luck!

BTW, some discs are intentionally pressed with flaws to prevent copying, hence physical protections. DVD Decrypter has a setting to help get arount that too but the best way to beat it is with a very slow rip speed of 1X if possible.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2004
  10. henryting

henryting Regular member

Can anyone tell me how come when I burnt some dvd disc some can play on my samgsung dvd player and some dont.