1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I know im thick, but what is a F_n Ca__d ?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by hollyhoby, Oct 29, 2007.

1. hollyhoby

hollyhoby Member

Hi all im holly,

Im new to after dawn and all the tecnology (sorry about the spelling if its wrong) thing, nephew done all that was needed on after dawn, codes and things, but he has moved home this week, and not on net yet, what i want to know, is what is a f_n ca_d im scared to say the full name incase i get shouted at, i wish someone could explain in english as to what it is used for, i was on here last night for hours and couldnt find much to tell me execpt a link to someone who sells them and that didnt tell me much either. I have a starview, which i adore, my nephew attends to this. Has this card anything to do with another box like top up or game box or something. please if someone knows can the contact me.

thanx
    holly hoby

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Can you quote where it was used as maybe then we can tell by the way it's used in context , at the moment I haven't a scooby doo what you're on about myself.

herbs

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I didn't have the same scooby doo so I left this one alone...

howdy herbs :)

4. hollyhoby

hollyhoby Member

Hi guys,
    Really sorry for the riddles. What i wanted to ask what is a fun card and a smart card, and what are they used for.

hollyhoby

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

hey Herbs, long time no see. Hey Loco.

Seems Holly is on about Starview boxes, so thread teleported accordingly :)

6. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

Going to throw in my 2 cents worth here, even though it's not really my thing. The smart card is what you get supplied by S*y or N*l, to stick into your dig*bo* (sly) or cable box device (n*l). As far as I know, a fun card is something that you put into something like a Technomate satellite decrypter although that may be a bad example of a box, not sure if they take a card, but that's what the fun card is, doesn't decrypt s*y though, I don't think anything will.

7. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Just a bit more info, the Fun Card can be purchased blank very cheap and you are then able to program it (put data code on it) which then decrypts certain channels when you put it into the card slot on your set top box, and the smart card usually has data on it and either costs a lot more to buy or is only supplied by a provider if you pay for the subscription.
    jbvid

8. hollyhoby

hollyhoby Member

I found a nokia top up box in the attic, i forgot about it as i purchased starview box about a year ago, was wanting extra channels for it for my room, my starview box is in living room, im probably better just getting another starview box.

thanks for the info

hollyhoby x

9. cactikid

cactikid Active member

hollyhoby,
    ur starview can only get what ur cable company provides so u will not get xtra chs.unless u have deleted chs like adult, discovery, etc that u might not have wanted

10. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Im just having a nosey about and see 3 mods in the one thread all on scooby's lol :)