1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I know the forums aren't my own personal help-line...

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by DGenerate, Oct 21, 2004.

1. DGenerate

DGenerate Member

...but I'm getting a bit frustrated that my questions, more often than not, go completely ignored, while the guy posting with a subject like, "Help!" or "How do you burn with DVDShrink?" gets a bunch of replies.

I try to be a reasonably good forum-citizen - looking for previous posts that cover my questions, posting in the appropriate forum, contributing when I can. I'm sure this happens to a lot of people...I know, what's to be done, right? Sigh.

If anyone would like to have a look at my posting history and help out, that would be pretty decent.

2. RicTheRed

RicTheRed Guest

Dear Dgenerate
    I've also sometimes the same impression that some dudes never read the basic forum rules, register and post a stupid "help me with...". Usually, these are answered pretty fast. Do not forget that it's typically newbie stuff. Like DMA enabling and basic question that a 2 minute search would have answered.
    That's life :_))

I've looked at your post history. It's not so bad. It could be worse. Trust me.
    I'll try to answer some stuff, if I can.

3. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Hi buddy :)
    I took a look and your questions are fairly advanced and relatively obscure - meaning they are a bit too challenging for most, I s'pose...
    Any Nero Recode experts following this?!
    We need your help.
    There are plenty of threads like this:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/116331
    So I dunno, maybe Flip can help you...
    As I have said, I have Nero 6 and purchased the Nero MPEG2 (DVD) encoder, but I use it only for converting AVIs mostly.
    Is that what you call Nero Recode?
    Honestly, with Decrypter and Shrink (and Nero to burn) that's all anyone needs ;)
    Try and Keep It Simple Stupid (sorry - not my expression, no offense) but wise words never the less.
    Good luck,
    Regards

4. DGenerate

DGenerate Member

Ric, OGS...I think I might weep tears of joy! I'm not alone! ;-)

But seriously. OGS, that question I had about DVD Shrink vs DVD Decrypter + Nero Recode, it was my first post, and I hadn't seen another post directly address my questions (which isn't to say it doesn't exist).

As I understand it, Recode (which comes with Nero 6 Ultra) is more-or-less the encoding part of DVDShrink...I suppose it's not as widely used as Shrink because it's not free :-D I use it rather than Shrink just because a) it does what I need it to do, and b) I'd like to keep my system as clean as possible. I know it's just one, small app, but then again, look at the forums. They're full of people having problems with programs not working/conflicting. It's just as you say: KISS has always been my motto!

I notice your ACC logo...I suppose you're in Toronto? It's nice to see a fellow Hogtowner around!

Thanks for the replies you guys. Cheers!

5. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Yeah,
    Golf, Leafs, Golf...