1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i lost my install disk

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by aldan, Sep 25, 2013.

1. aldan

aldan Active member

over the years here at ad ive seen way to many posts where the op states they have lost their install disk for their os.it gets so you dont even want to offer advice here.with all the ways to backup your os ie cloning etc,its hard to be sympathetic to these people. the one thing that bothers me most is that i would bet most of these "lost disks" are due to poorly pirated operating systems (like win7 ultimate)lol.its mostly a matter of common sense to me but it seems more like uncommon sense.ok,rant over.

2. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Agreed, since every computer (Laptop) I've seen in the past few years has always recommended burning a couple of system repair/restore disks before you do anything else with your new purchase,or reference the digital river website where one can download the official Microsoft operating system install disk-provided you have your serial key from Microsoft.
    Or, go to your manufacturer's website and order one of their install disks for a reasonable (Okay slightly expensive but still cheaper than a whole new operating system disk on serial key)
    Just my 2ยข worth.

3. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

or be like me.. as you own a legal legit version there is no harm at all to my eyes in sourcing and burning the exact same verson from wherever in case it all goes up in smoke.. (or for other purposes which I won't go in to.. windows loader anyone?.. run it again after the 9 hour updates)

4. aldan

aldan Active member

never heard of it.hahaha