1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love my new Che Exhaust!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by KillerBug, Dec 12, 2009.

1. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

I just installed my new Che (aka Top Speed) exhaust on my '02 MR2S...the sound is almost orgasmic! Idle is almost silent, cruise has a nice, low pitched hum, and it sounds like a race car when you open it up. I got the whole kit; header, downpipe, muffler with 4" tip. The fit was a bit tight; and it took a few hours to get just right...but it was worth the trouble and the expense. Not only does it sound great, but the car picked up a few HP and I don't have to push the gas so hard to maintain 80MPH...so it might even pay for itself in fuel over the long run. Heck, I might even be saving the environment a little bit in spite of the removal of 3 cats...even if I am not, it is hard to feel guilty about emissions when I see so many SUVs around...and I know the CO2 made by catalytic converters is worse for the earth than the NoX they eliminate...and there isn't much fear of CO or HC emissions with an EFI engine tuned as lean as mine is.

2. scum101

scum101 Guest

noisy bastard.. ever heard of NOISE POLLUTION ;) .. it's shit living by a road used as a drag strip by car modder morons.

3. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

Like I said, it is actualy quieter at idle, and the cruise noise is about the same, but a lower pitch that is less buzzy. It makes a lot more noise at full throttle; but I rarely go there unless I am at a legal racetrack/dragstrip.

Becides, I live on a street with semi trucks and speed bumps...so there is always a lot of motor noise. Why the **** would the city install 10MPH speedbumps on a 35MPH street? Probably the same jerk that ordered all those "no right at red light" signs and "no left at green" lights.

4. DXR88

DXR88 Regular member

hey at least you know when he's coming.

5. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

The bikers around here have a saying, "Loud pipes save lives".

I know my MRS is safer than a motorcycle...but it is still small enough to get lost in a hummer's blind spot, and it is a convertable...

6. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I can understand where you are coming from! I am not a car moder but when i added my short ram intake to my MazdaSpeed 3 there was a world of difference.

Please tell me you drive a manual ;D

Dom

7. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

I passed up several other cars when shopping for my MRS...just because they had automatic transmissions. I don't even like sequentials. (BTW...the MRS was never available as an automatic)