1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I may have damaged my PSP's Important Files... (3.40 Related)

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Contracts, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Contracts

Contracts Member

Well trying to change my Firmware emulation on 3.40 OE-A Firmware I did the hard restart - I held down R and went to the recovery menu. Now I had forgotten how to change my emulation for the firmwares and a turn of accident's led me to pressing:

Run Program at PSP\GAME\RECOVERY\EBOOT.PBP

My screen went to a black sceen got stuck there for a sec (I tried shutting it off), Then it turned off I turned my PSP back on and it turned on as if I left it on sleep mode.

NOTHING SO FAR has shown signs of being screwed up, But curiously i'm assuming I ran a "Recover EBoot" meaning i'd re-cover all my original PSP internal files - Something I scared I may have screwed up and could screw me over in the future. Curiously what exactly should this do? Does it ask you if you want to go through with the process? I'm scared I may have screwed up my PSP and I don't even know it (As I said nothing seems out of the normal so far... So lets just hope it stays that way).

2. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

its normal m8..nothing's damaged..

3. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Normally yes, it does revert back to 1.50, but you didn't have the right recovery files in place, so it couldn't run the recovery EBOOT and turned off.

4. Contracts

Contracts Member

Ohhh, Thank you everyone. I'm relieved now. Thanks. :)

5. Propagand

Propagand Regular member

Its doesnt do anything unless you have the Winstaller. I used to run that program all the time when I first got onto 3.40 OE-A