1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i might be dead in3 days...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by mrwombat, Nov 23, 2004.

1. mrwombat

mrwombat Member

My buddy entruted me with his modded xbox while he finshes his service( in three days) and i #!&# it up. I tried to udate avalaunch from aversion alpha.48.1 to current and now it hangs at the avalaunch logo.
    It boots to a blue x logo that reads "Xecuter2" and move to shiny new A and thats it. I had always asummed id had a chip, but i opened it to find out what type only to find out there isn't one. No modification at all to board. no lpc header pins, no chip, no wires. It does sport a wd120 hdd and when it worked, multiple dashes from ava, evox, unleash, etc. It appears to be a 1.1 or 1.2, the faqs i checked are not sure for the week it was made.
    I have been googling for 4 hours and figure it must be softmodded using a savegame exploit or other exploit... am i right?
    is there a way to restore the bios, or reset it factory? Can I install a modchip and still run the hdd in without losing the data? is this mobo and/or tsop toast?
    please saveme from a soon to be enraged corporal.

2. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I think you might have to relate to installing a modchip,but you would have to get it via one day shipping to fix it.I feel sorry for you since I know what the outcome is going to be,but it would be wise to fix with modchip than messing with the softmod exploit.I think from what I have heard you only get one chance.If anything messes up on it the only way to fix it is by modchip.

3. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

Im with L burna , get yourself a chip, for $40 or so you can set it up for him :)
    if money is an option, then the xecuter 2.6 is a good bet, if its a 1.0 to 1.5 its a pretty straighforward mod, consolemods has a good pic tutorial

4. mrwombat

mrwombat Member

I have no problem with installinga mod chip, done that before, but will it work? Exploits i'm not so familiar with... it is the bios built into the board that is altered right? So installing a bios that runs before it will only lead to crahsing once i start a game from the modchip bios? Or am I wrong? it seems to play A game straight from the disc fine.

5. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Actually it depends to be honest,certain mods have banks on them which is the memory on the chip.If you switch from the bios that is already on the board to the bios on the chip it will fix it.

6. punqewe

punqewe Active member

If it boots to the executer stage,then the bios should be fine....and you could try to boot up an autoloader/boot disk from startup. Then with this explore the files to see what's happened....if in the boot disk menu it still reads that there's stuff on the hard drive then the data is/should be OK. And as a last ditch effort you cound reformat and install another setup. Also most autoloaders have settings where you can just install a new dash without touching the ms side.....it's worth a try before you go to extremes. If he has unleashed like you say,you could just rename the unleashed dash to be the default dash and use it to ftp into the xbox and re install an avalaunch dash in. There's lots that could be tried before you get the chip.