1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need 30 or 35 gauge awg kynar wire...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by MaGic_MoD, Nov 21, 2004.

1. MaGic_MoD

MaGic_MoD Guest

Hello, I am getting ready to install a Magic V 50K modchip in my version 9 PlayStation 2, but I have a setback! When I ordered my modchip I had no clue that I needed to buy additional wiring, or that I need wire at all. The site from which I ordered it from only sent me the chip, nothing else. I was wondering if anyone knows the where-abouts in which I could buy 30 or 35 guage AWG Kynar brand wire? I know there are plenty of sites on the internet, but the shipping costs more than the wire itself, so I would rather buy it from a local retailer, but thats my problem. I don't know where to start, I've looked a few places such as Wal*Mart, Target, RadioShack, Lowes, Best Buy, but no luck... Perhaps you know where I could find it? Thanks in advance.

2. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

i know most radioshacks have it, thats where i got mine. be sure to use 22 awg for power and ground.

3. MaGic_MoD

MaGic_MoD Guest

Yea I bought 22 AWG for my ground and power at RaidoShack, but they didn't have any 30 or 35 AWG. The smallest they had in stock was 24 AWG. I'm thinking maybe some local electrical companies might carry that small of wiring, I hope so.