1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a comfirmation ...please dont destroy me.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ColoColo, Aug 30, 2004.

1. ColoColo

ColoColo Guest

Does the PS2 flip top work or is better to get the PS2 modded???

Sorry I had to ask , because the flip top thread is like 500 pages long and my 56k is to slow to see many pages.

THANKS!!!! A LOT!!

2. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

flip top may do it
    Maria =)

3. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

flip top may do it
    Maria =)

4. ColoColo

ColoColo Guest

What do you mean it may do it........>?

5. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

The fliptop works great, but you need to use it with the swap magic disks to play your backups.

6. ColoColo

ColoColo Guest

Ok thank you....and any other disc I can use.??

7. x-static

x-static Member

i would say it's better to get the ps2 modded if you have the extra cash... ~$60 for a chip and ~$75 for pro installation (unless you have good soldering skills).

i've never used swap magic and fliptops, but they seem like a hassle. no offense to anyone that's got them, i honestly have never tried them.

8. TomL333

TomL333 Member

I have the flip top and Swap Magic, and it works fine. I don't really find swapping the disks too much of a hassle.

There are some games though, that don't work directly with Swap Magic. For those, you have to download a fix (such as CDLoader - the only one I've needed but there are a couple others I think), and burn it to a disk. It's all explained at http://swapmagicfix.com/. For those problem games only, you actually have to swap disks twice. Again, no big deal. Most games work directly with Swap Magic.

I have never had the opportunity to use a "modded" system so I can't really compare.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2004