1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I NEED a good DVD Ripping Program

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by BillJr106, May 4, 2005.

1. BillJr106

BillJr106 Member

I have some specific needs for the program tho. I currently use ImTOO DVD ripper for its ability to rip individual chapters from a title. I am taking music videos off of DVD's to create a mix DVD for my DVD player in my truck. So I need to be able to seperate the chapters within a title so I can pick and choose what I want to keep. The reason I would like to stop using ImTOO is simply because I would much rather leave the video format as is rather then convert it. ImTOO using Divx codec to make an .avi is causing a slight stutter on some DVD's that is unacceptable. Any advice would be appreciated. I havent fully experimented with DVD Shrink altho I am trying it out.

Last edited: May 4, 2005
  2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

DVD Decrypter is your answer :)

To set it up for chapter splitting do this:

Tools >

Settings >

IFO Mode Tab >

Under "Options" there will be a drop down labeled "File Splitting" where you can select "By Chapter" and off you go!

3. Nephilim

Oh, and posting email addies is against forum rules so I took it out for you ;)

Last edited: May 4, 2005
  4. BillJr106

BillJr106 Member

sorry about the email thing....and thank you for the assistance... ((new here, my apologies)).... so far i like DVD Decrypter....

5. Nephilim

No worries about the addy it's just a technicality. I also forgot to welcome you so here's a belated "Welcome to AfterDawn"!

Decrypter is an outstanding app that I think everyone should have in their bag of tricks. Hope it works for you and don't hesitate to come back :)

6. BillJr106

BillJr106 Member

My only DVD Decryptor question is....obviously i have to rename the files for different dvds so as not to overwrite...now..when i want to burn a DVD...how do i go about it...i cant upgrade my nero to the newer version...using a cracked version...which doesnt see to have a :make a video DVD: option....any easy way to do this...or should i get nero... (easily done, just not tonight)

7. Nephilim

Decrypter's burning capability is limited to ISOs only so if you rip by chapters you'll definitely need something like Nero. If you're needing a good solid burning app you can do no better than VSO's CopyToDVD - it's the leanest meanest burning app I've ver used. Another good one to check out would be Prassi's ONES. It's pretty new and I've been extremely happy with the results I've gotten so far, plus it retails for $20 which can't be beat.