1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a little help please:)

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by koska1987, Apr 2, 2007.

1. koska1987

koska1987 Member

hi, kinda new to burning films etc, been using shrink to burn films that my mate has on his pc. alot of them burn fine but now lots of them are saying 'shrink encountered and error and cannot continue, failed to open G:/ etc...., the system cannot find the specified file' why is this? some of them work and others dont. is it something to do with the file format? im sure youve heard of this error before, please help! :/

some of the films (domino, saw III, pianist...)

koska

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Shrink hasn't been updated in years and cannot do new movies alone. It needs help in removing DRMs. Try DVD Fab Decrypter free.:

DVDFab Decrypter-
    http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm

3. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

koska1987,
    If the files are on your mates computer then use FixVTS on the files and correct the structure problems then run it through Shrink

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  4. koska1987

koska1987 Member

ive tried dvdfab, i went onto write data, then opened folder, nothing there, its looking for a dvd image file and there arnt any. i tried this on 'Borat' and some others but it wouldnt work however borat worked fine on shrink when i put it on a dvd disk.

Fixvts is looking for .vob files to fix and the ones that are giving me problems obviously arent vob's because they arnt showing up. ive even tried dvddecrypter lol still nothing. am i right assuming its a file format problem? i think i managed to change the format of the pianist but it was no loinger compressed so it was about 6gb or summot, can u shrink them?

cheers

5. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

koska1987,
    The error you are getting is because of the structural Problems on the DVD that FixVTS can fix.
    1. Rip the DVD to the HD ( you have already done this if the files are on the HD)
    2. Run FixVTS ( take any .vob file and slide it on top of Fixvts. Click Full DVD and wait for it to clean up the DVD)
    3. Now you can use Shrink to compress the DVD files to 4.32 gb.

Are these DVD files in vob format?
    Were these d/l'd from the internet or did your mate rip the DVD files from an original DVD Movie?

6. koska1987

koska1987 Member

he downloaded them mate. not in VOB i think ive sussed it by using a standard mp3 disk with drag and drop, seems to be working, do you know how to shrink a film, say 900mb to less than 700mb??

koska

7. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

For you to be able to use DVDShrink or any other DVD Compliant program you will have to convert the avi files to vob format. I have never had a need to shrink an avi file so you might need to Google for "shrink avi files"