1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a little more help, please (i'm almost done!)

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by twh116, Apr 10, 2007.

1. twh116

twh116 Member

I am trying to rip my dvds onto my computer and save them in the MPEG-4 format, so I can easily transfer them to my PSP and PS3.

I have used DVD Decrypter, but that put my movie in several different files. I need a way to rip the whole DVD into one file, so that I can use Red Kawa PS3 Video 9 to convert the file into MPEG-4.

Step-by-step, how do I rip my movie into MPEG-4?

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

In decrypter's settings, change file splitting to none.

3. twh116

twh116 Member

Alright, I did that, and now I have the one VOB file for the movie.
    But now, I have a new problem. I went to PS3 Video 9 to convert the video. I chose the video to be converted, and starting the converting to MPEG-4. But then it said complete, right after starting.

I went to library, and the file was there, but it as 0kb and would not play. How do I get it to convert?

4. twh116

twh116 Member

Maybe the file is too big? The movie is V for Vendetta and it is almost 7 GB. How can I convert this huge file to MPEG-4?

5. sillycybe

sillycybe Regular member

Nero Recode 2 will rip DVD's so that you can stash them on your PSP and enjoy them that way. I do it all the time. here's a quick screen shot...

[​IMG]

you can alter the target size as well for better quality too...if you have your PSP hooked up via the USB, it'll automatically send the ripped files there. I just stash them in a folder on my Hard Drive and grab them when I want them. Nero isn't a free program (runs about $79)but I think if you download the trial, you can try it to see if you like this method... hope this helps.

6. twh116

twh116 Member

Alright guys, thanks for the help. I have now successfully ripped the dvd to my ps3, but I have a new, different problem.

I loaded up iTunes and added the folder containing the converted videos. The converted videos were converted using PS3 Video 9, under the AVC profile. The videos played on the PS3 and in iTunes, but iTunes refuses to add the videos to my Ipod Video. It says the video can not be played on the ipod.

Why is this? Apple.com says that ipods can play AVC video. iTunes gives me the option to convert the video to make it ipod-compatible, but I would rather not convert the videos again. Please tell me why the videos will not work with the Ipod, and I can then decide what to do.

Thanks for all your help. I could never have gotten this far without you guys.