1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new DVD recorder that works with Direct TV

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by s_curry, Jan 10, 2009.

1. s_curry

s_curry Member

My old Sony died, and when I got a Panasonic replacement, it wouldn't record TV shows due to copy protection, so I returned it. Can anyone suggest new models that work with Direct TV?
    Thanks!

2. SProdigy

SProdigy Regular member

I'm a DirecTV subscriber and own a Samsung DVD Recorder/VCR combo, and don't have any problems whatsoever. As long as the you have your DirecTV box connected via analog (RCA or S-Video) you can record the program. If you connect it via other methods, and the program in question contains a broadcast flag, you will not be able to record the program. Hope this helps.

3. s_curry

s_curry Member

I was using the S-video out from my RCA DVR80 to a PANASONIC DMR-EA18.
    Thanks

4. burninmad

burninmad Member

I also have a Directv DVR connected to my Panasonic DMREZ37V DVD/VCR recorder(Got for $100,Wally's)clearance.Although a 2007,I think,or year or two old,works most of the time.Been having some troubkle with Firmware twice.Sent it in once,and got second firmware free from Panasonic service center.Burned many shows though.Got my $100 worth.I would stick with the "higher end" Makes,warrantys are better:One year parts AND Labor! The lower end models only give 90 days Labor!