1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a opinion about get an firmware 360 drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jborges, Feb 18, 2007.

1. jborges

jborges Member

hey people i dont know nothin about firmware i used to backup ps2s games before and i wanna to start backup xbox360 games now i know i got to get my xbox drive flashed but im scared to do all that, the point is i saw a xbox360 drive with firmware on it and i wanna know if i should get that drive http://cgi.ebay.com/XBOX-360-TOSHIB...QQihZ010QQcategoryZ122517QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    it says ms25 firmware, its that the latest version? do i have to update my flashed xbox360 drive later or i can still be with that same fimeware version and is going to work fine?? so i wanna know your opinion if i should get that like i said i dont got trough all that to get my xbox drive flashed so i guess that will be easier!!??

2. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

This is actually easier to do than the ps2 modchips... All you do is determing which drive your 360 has and follow one of the following tutorials.
    The hitachi flash/backup/burn tutorial which is stickied to the top of the forum. And the M28/VIA 6241 guide I made which isn't sticked but shouldn't be further back than page 2.

3. cheapmods

cheapmods Guest

to clear it up, the drive you are looking at on ebay, is flashed with the standard MS firmware, so it wont play burned games, and either way you would have to flash it with the firmware from your xbox motherboard because it hold the "key" to you using a dvd drive

4. jborges

jborges Member

oh thanks guys, i could do all that and get my drive the firmware following the tutorial but i dont think i get that "SATA" cable i dont know if my pc got everythin i need to do it!??

5. jborges

jborges Member

i dont even know what Sata cable is i guess is inside the pc and is a Red cable somethin like that im not sure and i always open up my pc and i never saw a cable like that inside my pc so i dont know....

6. cheapmods

cheapmods Guest

you can get one at best buy or somewhere like that for a reasonable price

7. jborges

jborges Member

so i know i dont have that sata cable im gonna buy it then but thats all my pc needs to do that? or need to check something else?

8. cheapmods

cheapmods Guest

you need a way to plug the sata cable into your computer, you need a sata port, if you have a via chipset your pretty much covered as it can flash both samsung and hitachi drives, if you dont have on-board sata you need to get a sata card for your samsung drive, all i know is that it is some model of the via chipset but im not sure exactly what model it is

9. jborges

jborges Member

cheap thanks man u help me a lot.

10. jborges

jborges Member

hey cheapmods i got a question, after all that i dont have a DVD DL burner on ebay they got a bunch there cheap like 30 bucks can i get one or i has to buy an expecific one to burn xbox360 games???