1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need a tutorial about modding a wii to play burned games

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by new2this2, Nov 30, 2007.

1. new2this2

new2this2 Member

i just bought a wii and i want to mod it so that i can play burned copies of my favorite games, but the thing is that i dont even know where to start the process of modding the wii. So any links and advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Dumbpoopy

Dumbpoopy Regular member

go to the discussion on wii modchips thread first and pick which chip you'll get

3. juniR

juniR Guest

TBH there's a wealth of info in the posts around... there's NO tutorial or fast easy explanation because even when you've had you're box modded there will almost certainly be issues in the future which you will only be able to address by keeping up to speed with the latest info that's being discussed... in short reading through loads of posts and googling.

Look at the stickies and see what info is there first. You need to identify the drive in your console, decide which chip you want to buy depending on the drive. Decide whether or not you are any good with a soldering iron and if not find a good professional outfit who mod Wiis. Then you experiment with burning disks. Again read up on what ppl are using as far as media is concerned. If you wanna copy your own originals you will need one of only a handful of dvd drives that will read Wii originals. Again the info is out there.