1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a video creating software

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by laziboi, Apr 11, 2005.

1. laziboi

laziboi Member

hey guys, im currently doing a projet for school. Were making a movie so i need some help for special effect. If anyone know a software that can creates lightsabers, explosions, bullets, video editing and sound editing please post it here. ill be very thankful. oh, almost forgot i need effect tutorals and some filming tips. I had a really bad experience from last year movie projet lol. Thats why i need you guys.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Hi, This is going to be Very difficult project for you especially if you have No knowlege of how to go about doing something like this and the time it will take and especially the Money it will cost for the effects Software....

Something Ideal would be "Adobe Premier Pro 1.5" for editing and "Adobe After Effects Pro 6.5" to do the effects but these are very Complex and expensive Programs .....

A slightly easier but more Time Consumeing route that also wouldn"t look as Good would be to use a Video Paint program which In essence would allow you to go in on a Frame By Frame Basis and Paint or Draw in your Effects overtop the Image, It would also allow you to Import Objects so you wouldn"t have to Draw every one for every Frame...

"Ulead Media Studio Pro 7" has a Video Paint Module in it"s editing program and it also has a Basic Computer generated Animation Module so you can create Vector Graphics and Import them into the Paint Module so you can use them as effects in your Project....

There are also Many other even More Complex Effects programs Like "3D Studio Max 7" and "Discreet Combustion 4" which are The Types of Programs they used to make effects in Movies like Star Wars and Terminator and Many other movies and video games but you need a degree to those Programs....

Well Good Luck and I hope your not a Little over Your Head....Cheers

3. laziboi

laziboi Member

ok forget about the special effect lol. so what about video and sound editing?? I guess it wont be as difficult as special effect huh? i hope so hehe. These are the essential element i need to make a good movie. it will sucks too much if i dont has a basic video creator. oh please, post all the software you know. i will try all of them.

4. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Sony Vegas 5.