1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need advice on playing Xbox Live with Chameleon v1.3

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by bdaboy, Feb 23, 2004.

1. bdaboy

bdaboy Member

OK i have got everything installed and everything is running fine. I can backup games i have xecuter 2 bios on it and Evolution x as my dashboard. That is all i have put on it and Halo as a hd game. I dont want to go on live because i dont know how to get on without being banned. I really need some help here.
    Does anyone know any methods of how to get onto live with Chameleon V 1.3

2. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

Put this line somewhere in your Root section of the evox.ini

Item "Turn Off Chip",ID_Chameleon_Release_D0,ID_Full_Reboot

This will turn off the chip and reboot the xbox with the original bios... when it will have rebooted try using a backup game... if it says that it can't read it then you'll know that you're ready to go on Live

3. bdaboy

bdaboy Member

ok so if i put that "anywhere" in the root section or does it have to be a specific place? Also how to i turn the chip back on?
    Because then i wont be able to ftp intot he xbox.

4. bdaboy

bdaboy Member

o and to add to that i also read that it dectects ur dash board so what i just run ms dash from inside it? i need to like boot up with the reg dash in other words i need to boot up as if i never modded the xbox

5. Matador

Matador Regular member

Well you don't need to have xbox live to play online with halo...Just use another xbox live alternative!!!

6. bdaboy

bdaboy Member

Ahh help all my games are live and i will want to play live for Halo 2. plz i need help how do you change the modes of the Chameleon and what mode will my chameleon be if i havent changed anything and just flashed a bios and put evo xdashboard onto it. PLZ I NEED HELp.

7. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

Do as I told you with the line to add... put it maybe like after the first item of the root section so it'll be easily accesible. To turn the chip back on you just power off the xbox and power it back on! That's it. This command is used to disable the chip until you reboot the xbox. But like I told you try with a backup after you've done this to verify that the chip is really off.

8. bdaboy

bdaboy Member

sorry to bother you but are you sure. How am i supposed to believe that that does not disable my chip and turns it off for good?
    Plz help and dont make me break my mod chip