1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need clarity, please assist

Discussion in 'PS2' started by gsuscrazy, Nov 17, 2003.

1. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

ok, so im looking at buying either a PS2 or an Xbox (i was one of those unfortunate souls that believed in the gamecube...and the dreamcast...and the saturn...ya...and the 32x) i figure getting a modified system would suit me best, since i have a kid that has an uncanny knack of losing and/or destroying my games. I have been reading up, and please correct me on this if i am wrong..

PS2 with modchip, play any backup'd games as long as its a newer mod, use software program (ie. alchohol 120) and use my dvd recorder to copy the image upon a blank dvdr. correct?

xbox with modchip, play any backup'd games, but to make backups of the game i must have the xbox hard wired into my pc. correct?

if this is the case, of course the option will be ps2, any info you have will help me figure this all out, so i dont purchase anything wrong.

thanks

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

yes thats just about correct but for the xbox its not hard wired realy you just have to setup a network between your pc and xbox

3. twinke

twinke Member

That part about the xbox is not necessarily true. If you want to burn your games to a dvd then yes you will need to have your xbox hooked to the computer but there is another option. You can install a larger hard drive in your xbox. Like 120GB or larger. With the right bios and dashboard there is no limit on hard drive size I believe. My brother installed the larger hard drive when he did his mod. When he wants to copy a game he puts it in the xbox dvd drive and copies the game to the hard drive. The dashboard provides a menu so that he can pick the game he wants to play. The only time he hooked his xbox to the pc was when we first did the mod and one other time when we flashed the bios.

~Twinkerules

4. Dizturbed

Dizturbed Guest

there is also another way i think,after you install the modchip. if you replace the drive in your xbox with a pc dvd-rom drive it will read any type of media you put into your x-box, except originals. then put the xbox drive in your pc and make copies that way. you will have to check this out with someone who is more experienced with xbox modding but i think it should work.