1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need Directions, Help!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by syracuse, Aug 31, 2004.

1. syracuse

syracuse Guest

O.K. I bought this dvd burner on ebay, NEC ND-1100A 4x DVD BURNER. The seller didn't include directions to how to install the burner into my computer. Please help, anyone. Does anyone have directions?

2. SparkeyNi

SparkeyNi Member

Your m/board should have 2 ide controllers each controller can accommodate 2 devices assuming you have only one device (i.e. your hdd) which will be set as master you need to install NEC as a slave. On the back of the NEC you will find a series of pins the pins will be designateted by master, slave or cable select. You need to move the jumper (usually a small black plastic cover shielding 2 pins) to slave. Connect the power connector (Molex) And the ide cable, Flat cable which is connected to your hard drive and should have a spare connection .
    Check link for info:
    http://www.pc-pages.co.uk/CD/CD_Drive_help_4.htm
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  3. syracuse

syracuse Guest

Do you have any step by step instructions that have pictures on how to put the dvd burner into the computer and all, because I'm not to good with computers?

4. SparkeyNi

SparkeyNi Member

EYEShurt has provided you with a link to a step by step guide on how to install an optical drive(including pictures) if you cant follow those instructions i suggest you take it into a shop.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  5. EYEShurt

EYEShurt Regular member

6. syracuse

syracuse Guest

Thank you so so much! Yeah, opening up the computer to get to the hard drive is the hardest part. I can't even open it. I still have to figure out what to do. But, thanks agian so much, for the help!

7. haymarket

haymarket Regular member

Just a thought - do you have any friends who know a little about PCs - if this is your first time inside the box, then some confidence maybe gained with someone else there who has done it before. Wait till you've done it a few times then you'll wonder why you ever thought it was difficult

8. syracuse

syracuse Guest

lol, I have a friend that knows a lot about computers, but he lives far away. I'll try to figure this out. Thanks for the help.