1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help burning DVDs -- I don't even know where to start

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by amarie, Sep 11, 2007.

1. amarie

amarie Member

I need help. I've burned many CDs with ease, but have no idea how to burn a DVD. I want to burn videos I've made myself onto DVD so that they can be played back on any regular DVD player.

When I open Nero, there are options to copy DVDs, make Data DVDs, make VCDs, Audio CDs, etc. But there is no option to make DVDs. Please help. How do I make a DVD?

2. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

You will need something to encode the files to DVD first. There are lots of software like ConvertXtoDVD, DivXtoDVD (this is the older free version), Avi2DVD, etc... There are also, more professional choices like Mainconcept Mpeg2, TMPGEnc, Procoder, etc... For the more professional choices you will need an authoring software.

Nero should also be able to do it. You would need to use Nero Vision or the Equivalent (I haven't used Nero since version 6...). It looks like you are trying to do it with Nero Burning ROM which is the tool to burn your discs, not to encode video files.

After you encode the video, you will have a DVD Video Folder or an ISO/Nrg file. You can then burn this with Nero, ImgBurn, or whatever burning application you prefer.

Take a look at Afterdawn's guides section for some guides to get you started:

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/

You are probably going to use the "Other formats to DVDr" section.

3. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007