1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i NEED HELP BURNING VCD

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by rANSOM422, Jan 13, 2002.

1. rANSOM422

rANSOM422 Guest

Hey guys hope you can help I am trying to burn a VCD. I have successfully converted and avi to VCD format. I am using Easy Cd Creator Platinum und vcd option. I choose the file and add it to layout and everything thing is fine. I burn it and it doesn't work on My dvd player. (my player should play it)
    It sees that it is a VCD and how long it is but it won't play it, it just sits their. I think it has something to do with this, When it first starts burning it tells me that one or more files have been changed since adding to layout. But it says stop or continue at the bottom. Can anyone help me out? Thanks alot

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

I've repeated and repeated this too many times:

-burn 4x or slower, otherwise your VCD is very likely not working correctly with DVD players
    -try various CD brands, DVDs have different type of laser than CD drives have and have problems reading certain CD brands
    -most of the DVD players don't accept CDRWs, only CDRs -- with Sony being one notable exception, most of Sony's players don't recognize CDRs, but ONLY CDRWs.
    -always __CLOSE YOUR CD__ -- with Easy CD there's an option that says specifically something like "Close CD (data can't be added after this)" -- otherwise your CD wont work

3. jeff_21

jeff_21 Member

im having the same problem i tryed with ez cd and nero i maniged to get one to work out of alot of trys and i dont know what i did diffrently in the one that works in my panasonic rv-31 it has a image file in the cdda file the others dont i dont know how i got it in there and thats my only problem so far i read alot but i guess no one eles having this problem is that have to do with bin file??
    pls help i cant aford any more coasters

4. kalel

kalel Member

i am having a sound problem..i can get the VCD to play..but I am getting no sound

5. Tim_d

Tim_d Member

i am havin the whole lot of problems i select the vcd format in nero. then i drag and drop the movie in the file space then press burn then when i take the cd out and put it back in all i get on the cd is folders and differnt files in each of them could someone please tell me how to make one (step by step).
    much appreciated.

6. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Tim_d: Look at the guide on our article pages for burning VCDs with Nero. You're supposed to end up having a CD with 6 or so folders.

7. Tim_d

Tim_d Member

thanks